Horizon: Forbidden West

Supersuavesky

On 11/23/2022 at 10:02 PM, Danger said:

It's not super obvious leading up to it how things will go and it definitely sets up the next game. I think it's adequate. 

Definitely better than say... Mass Effect 3.

I don't think you can really compare the ending of this game to the ending of ME3 since that wrapped up a story and this is setting up the likely last game of a trilogy.

I don't really know how well you can rate an ending of a mid game. It's like rating the ending of the Empire Strikes Back - amazing movie, sets up well for the last game.

This game is amazing, and the ending sets up well for the last game. I however think the direction it is going is complete ***, but will have to see where it goes.

I would rate the story of the first game a 10, seriously one of my favourite of not favourite game stories ever, but it is held up big time by the history. The story of the second game is like an 8, and that is dragged down heavily because of the ending.

Edited by JBURGE

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 2:21 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone buy the DLC? I got it a few weeks ago and started relearning the controls last weekend. Too much muscle memory from The Callisto Protocol so I'm doing wrong things left and right lol. Was getting destroyed by apex enemies like I was just a beginner lol.

THis was me in the first game's DLC lol, and why I didn't finish it

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:21 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone buy the DLC? I got it a few weeks ago and started relearning the controls last weekend. Too much muscle memory from The Callisto Protocol so I'm doing wrong things left and right lol. Was getting destroyed by apex enemies like I was just a beginner lol.

It was crazy how good I was at Zero Dawn my second playthrough, despite a dozen or more games between.

I actually struggled more jumping from Zero Dawn to Forbidden West with the different game mechanics they added.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JBURGE said:

THis was me in the first game's DLC lol, and why I didn't finish it

I get it. I'm still going to figure this out b/c it's one of my favorite series of all time as of now lol. I will spend a night getting back in to the swing of things and hopefully get down the basics. Might need to go berry picking for a little bit though b/c I went through a lot of my stash

12 hours ago, 43M said:

It was crazy how good I was at Zero Dawn my second playthrough, despite a dozen or more games between.

I actually struggled more jumping from Zero Dawn to Forbidden West with the different game mechanics they added.

They added so much more w/ FW pertaining to the attacking. I didn't even really get to the part of relearning melee attacks lol. That challenge will come there as well. Hard to go from a linear, shoot em up game, to one that require much more planning and stealth. Definitely played a hand in how bad I was when getting back into it lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got through the main story of the DLC and it's really fun. Honestly forgot how much I loved this game until getting back into it. Going to do all the extra stuff before starting GoW Ragnorak then FFXVI. Such a visually stunning game and I absolutely love the combat even though I don't use 50% of what's available. Might finish up the arena while I'm at it. Only two more to go. Likely won't pick this up ever again b/c too much in my queue so why not just knock it all out?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 3:55 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just got through the main story of the DLC and it's really fun. Honestly forgot how much I loved this game until getting back into it. Going to do all the extra stuff before starting GoW Ragnorak then FFXVI. Such a visually stunning game and I absolutely love the combat even though I don't use 50% of what's available. Might finish up the arena while I'm at it. Only two more to go. Likely won't pick this up ever again b/c too much in my queue so why not just knock it all out?

After I finish my 2nd Witcher 3 playthrough (still a long way to go), I plan on playing HFW DLC abf then probably GoW...then Ragnarok.

Curious what happens with the future of the franchise and Sylens with the tragic passing of Lance.   I dont think much will be affected, but Im wondering if they will recast the voice actor or move on another way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 43M said:

After I finish my 2nd Witcher 3 playthrough (still a long way to go), I plan on playing HFW DLC abf then probably GoW...then Ragnarok.

Curious what happens with the future of the franchise and Sylens with the tragic passing of Lance.   I dont think much will be affected, but Im wondering if they will recast the voice actor or move on another way.

Looks like we're on the same path for the next couple games lol.

I am also curious but I'm guessing the same as you in that I don't think much will be effected and they cast someone else. At least it won't delay the next game too much, I'm guessing. This has become one of my favorite franchises. Only complaint about the DLC is that it's fairly short but not a huge deal.

• Like 1