Horizon: Forbidden West

Supersuavesky

Day one purchase for me. Only played Zero Dawn for the first time last year after getting my PS5 and absolutely loved it. 

Isn't the install size of this game supposed to be similar to Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA V? This is gonna be huge, stunning, and if the story is anywhere near as good as the first then this absolutely has GOTY potential. 

• Like 1

Can't wait! Can't wait!

I'll get it a few weeks after purchase to see how buggy it is (I experienced zero bugs with the first) and for patches to be available. My main motivation for that is I simply won't be done with FC6 yet...... unless I get Dying Light 2 first. Why can't these games be released a couple months apart??? *******s lol

In the hour long IGN podcast they said:

The map is massive; he was dropped in sometime after the opening and spent like three hours before actually stepping in to the forbidden west.

Combat is much smoother and you’re able to combo things more.

There are six skill trees with a bunch of perks.

There are supposed to be over 40 machines (The original had about 26). I personally have already counted 9 new ones from previews.

The snake, Slitherfang, fights unlike anything in the first game and has a varied move pool.

There are two new elements with one being acid. You want to use acid against acid enemies.

The grapple hook allows you to grab on to latch points while climbing. You can combine it with the glider to help traverse easier.

More to climb.

They have focused on fleshing out the side characters more. More life to the settlement he visited.

Game takes place six months after Zero Dawn,

The villain, Regala, is played by Angela Bassett and has one of the best character intro scenes in a long time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

In the hour long IGN podcast they said:

The map is massive; he was dropped in sometime after the opening and spent like three hours before actually stepping in to the forbidden west.

Combat is much smoother and you’re able to combo things more.

There are six skill trees with a bunch of perks.

There are supposed to be over 40 machines (The original had about 26). I personally have already counted 9 new ones from previews.

The snake, Slitherfang, fights unlike anything in the first game and has a varied move pool.

There are two new elements with one being acid. You want to use acid against acid enemies.

The grapple hook allows you to grab on to latch points while climbing. You can combine it with the glider to help traverse easier.

More to climb.

They have focused on fleshing out the side characters more. More life to the settlement he visited.

Game takes place six months after Zero Dawn,

The villain, Regala, is played by Angela Bassett and has one of the best character intro scenes in a long time.

andy samberg snl GIF

On 2/1/2022 at 12:32 PM, JBURGE said:

If it wasn't for Starfield, this would be my most anticipated game since Breath of the Wild

Meh Starfield is being made by Bethesda. I have zero hope it will live up to the hype. Then again I thought the exact opposite about CD Projekt Red and look what that got us..... 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Meh Starfield is being made by Bethesda. I have zero hope it will live up to the hype. Then again I thought the exact opposite about CD Projekt Red and look what that got us..... 

I loved FO3 and Skyrim, so I am hoping they capture that energy and leff FO4/76

On 2/4/2022 at 2:50 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It just looks so insanely good.

The hunting grounds were the only part of the first I didn't completely finish b/c some were just too damn hard. Adding in a tournament pit is a great idea here! Very excited for this.

The hunting grounds give you new weapons and is a quest line as well.