Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Would absolutely want to keep a four man front. We have a great base for that and just need added talent. Linebackers are a mess though. I don’t think it would be in our best interest to go 3-4 right now. I lean Mayo because of that. 

3-4 would just create more problems whereas keeping a four-man front we just mean that we need a better strong safety. A lot of people won't agree with this but from a linebacker perspective we have every type of linebacker so we just need to get two of them to pan out. 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

3-4 we just create more problems whereas keeping a four-man front we just mean that we need a better strong safety. A lot of people won't agree with this but from a linebacker perspective we have every type of linebacker so we just need to get two of them to pan out. 

Need to get some consistency at LBer. Maybe it’s the coaching but I ain’t shaking a stick at them bringing more folks in. Would be absolutely ideal to stay in the 4-3. We have enough talent to give more than a blank canvas to a DC that prefers that. I think we need to look at tackle, safety, and corner in particular when it comes to defense. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

3-4 would just create more problems whereas keeping a four-man front we just mean that we need a better strong safety. A lot of people won't agree with this but from a linebacker perspective we have every type of linebacker so we just need to get two of them to pan out. 

I think Deablo can be a player, Perryman is pretty good as well, but it's a mess after those two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Need to get some consistency at LBer. Maybe it’s the coaching but I ain’t shaking a stick at them bringing more folks in. Would be absolutely ideal to stay in the 4-3. We have enough talent to give more than a blank canvas to a DC that prefers that. I think we need to look at tackle, safety, and corner in particular when it comes to defense. 

Ideally Gillespie can play for us next season but who knows. Corner and DT are both definitely huge needs in the draft / free agency.

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

well the thing is if you know how a Seattle cover three defense works, linebackers are asked to do a lot in coverage. I wonder if we kept the four-man front but may be ran a different scheme if that would help at all. Definitely all three positions you mentioned need to be looked at

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

well the thing is if you know how a Seattle cover three defense works, linebackers are asked to do a lot in coverage. I wonder if we kept the four-man front but may be ran a different scheme if that would help at all. Definitely all three positions you mentioned need to be looked at

Yeah they were but I mean linebacker has been a problem for this team for over 15 years. It ain’t just the cover 3 or Guenther. 

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a better SS and move Abram to lber. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a much better position for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a better SS and move Abram to lber. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a much better position for him.

I’ve wanted to move Abram to linebacker since season before last. He could be a Deablo project that actually has more potential there. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Only concern with Abram at LB is that he's pretty small and already has chronic shoulder issues.

For sure but I don’t see another position to maximize his value on the field and I also think he gets hurt a lot from being a safety and hitting full force with so much downhill speed. Also he has had a couple of really unfortunate injuries like running into that dang ESPN light cart.

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

For sure but I don’t see another position to maximize his value on the field and I also think he gets hurt a lot from being a safety and hitting full force with so much downhill speed. Also he has had a couple of really unfortunate injuries like running into that dang ESPN light cart.

That's true but at like 5'10" 225, I just wonder how well he'd do having to engage/disengage from blocks almost every play.