Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayo would make a ton of sense as the DC. Get a promotion, come work with guys you already know, we've already interviewed him, and if the defense improves it'd certainly help him for HC gigs in the future.

Don't want another NE guy. Bears beat writer said their DC Sean Desai might be a candidate for McDaniels. 

20 minutes ago, TLO said:

Their expected W-L was 7-10 this season. Let’s pump the brakes on expecting a 10-12 win season year 1. And it wasn’t Rich’s special coaching talent that got them to 10 wins this season, either. 

With guys like Waller, Carr, etc. likely getting extensions, I think the expectation for next season will be to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Mayo would make a ton of sense as the DC. Get a promotion, come work with guys you already know, we've already interviewed him, and if the defense improves it'd certainly help him for HC gigs in the future.

I wouldn't mind Mayo because that would allow us to stay in a four-man front. I could also see us being able to bring JC Jackson or more realistically Stephane Gilmore if Mayo was here

Im optimistic about the hire.

Seems like Mark did a real GM and HC search. JMD wasn't my first choice, and I was hoping for a young defensive mind, but I can't hate the decision. If he grabs Mayo and cans Cable then I'm really happy haha.

I'm hoping he's learned from the past, and has matured as a leader.

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Im optimistic about the hire.

Seems like Mark did a real GM and HC search. JMD wasn't my first choice, and I was hoping for a young defensive mind, but I can't hate the decision. If he grabs Mayo and cans Cable then I'm really happy haha.

I'm hoping he's learned from the past, and has matured as a leader.

The one thing that gives me a little optimism is that I think McDaniels realizes that this is likely his last crack at being an NFL head coach. He was young when things went sour in Denver and then the stunt he pulled with the Colts definitely hurt his image. Considering that he turned down the Colts job to stay in New England, I think the fact that he took the job shows he truly believes he can win here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roi34 said:

Engram is drop city.. hard pass.. not wasting resources in TE when we have 2 capable ones. give me Wr 

engram aint it

I'm not sure iyr third te isn't already here. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ingold used as a te and then fb in short yardage.