Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s simple if we have a better GM and coach combo and we went to the playoffs this year with an inferior combo(including with all the nonsense that happened along the way) we should be able to go to the playoffs again. 

Now do I think they can do it? Of course! In fact, I think they should. But anything less than that is justification.

7 or our 10 wins were 1 score games that came down to the wire, that's usually nothing sustainable across seasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also have there been any reports in regards to what the rest of the staff may look like?

Haven’t seen anything yet but I’m sure we’ll see some stuff trickle out over the next few days. Assuming all the current staff walks, I’ve only seen some people connect the dots to DC candidates like Flores, Martindale and Mayo. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I thought Rich was already headed to Chicago?

Nothing that was official but I’m sure that’s coming soon as I don’t see mutually how him sticking as ST coordinator would be logical with as much locker room support he had for the full time gig. 

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why are we so ****ty?

Vic has lost my benefit of the doubt. Completely off on the Ziegler/McDaniel's news. Further, seemed to be backing Bisaccia the whole way. Really don't care what he has to say at this point. He has an obvious bias favoring Bisaccia.

Further, the staff is under contract. McDaniels would I assume get first right of refusal if he opted to obtain any of them. It is Sunday after all. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Haven’t seen anything yet but I’m sure we’ll see some stuff trickle out over the next few days. Assuming all the current staff walks, I’ve only seen some people connect the dots to DC candidates like Flores, Martindale and Mayo. 

Mayo would make a ton of sense as the DC. Get a promotion, come work with guys you already know, we've already interviewed him, and if the defense improves it'd certainly help him for HC gigs in the future.