49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean this was a top 5-6 defense in 2020, so is Bosa also not irreplaceable?

Has anyone said he was irreplaceable? (I'm not paying attention to what anyone else is saying)

But no, you certainly don't need to have a Bosa to have a successful defense. 

Just now, Forge said:

Has anyone said he was irreplaceable? 

Has anyone complained about how much Bosa will be wanting/getting and arguing that they should look at all offers for him since he is not irreplaceable and is just as injury prone as Deebo? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Has anyone complained about how much Bosa will be wanting/getting and arguing that they should look at all offers for him since he is not irreplaceable and is just as injury prone as Deebo? 

No...because the conversation is about Deebo and that would be a strawman? Has Bosa displayed unhappiness...do you have to choose between one and the other? 

I'm struggling to see what one has to do with the other. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

No...because the conversation is about Deebo and that would be a strawman? Has Bosa displayed unhappiness...do you have to choose between one and the other? 

I'm struggling to see what one has to do with the other. 

I'm just trying to see if all these same arguments against paying Deebo apply to Bosa, that's all.................

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Both will get signed and get big deals...Deservedly so. 

But I don't agree with the notion that Deebo can just be easily replaced with Kyle at the helm. Kyle KNOWS Deebo is different and what he has in him. He's not letting his #1 offensive weapon go. Buckner was a DL not an offensive player. All the top offensive players get kept and extended to big deals. 

Agreed, but Buckner wasn’t their guy and I think their mindset was pay Armstead because he’s able to play multiple positions and pay Ward. 

Trust me, I totally agree with you and think Kyle will do exactly what he had to do to keep Trent if it comes to that point. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm just trying to see if all these same arguments against paying Deebo apply to Bosa, that's all.................

But they are two completely different players playing completely different positions, so I'm not sure it's apples to apples. 

Like, I'd pay Bosa much quicker than I'd pay Deebo, but I'd pay Deebo much faster than I'd pay Warner. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

But they are two completely different players playing completely different positions, so I'm not sure it's apples to apples. 

Like, I'd pay Bosa much quicker than I'd pay Deebo, but I'd pay Deebo much faster than I'd pay Warner. 

That's fine, as long as the arguments against one are used for both. 

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed, but Buckner wasn’t their guy and I think their mindset was pay Armstead because he’s able to play multiple positions and pay Ward. 

Trust me, I totally agree with you and think Kyle will do exactly what he had to do to keep Trent if it comes to that point. 

Yeah, I'm sure they will get this done. It's just going to take some time. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine, as long as the arguments against one are used for both. 

Yeah, I mean I think you can acknowledge the risk for both but give it less weight for one. That's really just part of risk analysis.

This actually isn't the first time we have done this with Bosa either. When the draft was coming around, people acknowledged the injury and contract risk with him moving forward and just decided to move past it when we chose him over Quinnen when we did our mocks and whatnot. 

So let's just say that everyone acknowledges that they are similarly injury prone thus far in their careers. I can acknowledge it as a risk for Bosa but I can also then move beyond and accept it as a risk  because he may offer more compensating factors to overlook that attribute than Deebo does. Like, if people are asking me these questions (and others) and I'm largely sticking with Bosa's side of the question, then it makes sense that I'd be okay 

Which position is more valuable to me? 

Who do I think will hold up health wise moving forward? 

Who do I believe is more difficult to replace on the field production wise? 

Etc etc

I think if anyone is just refusing to acknowledge the health risk that Bosa has presented in the past, that's an issue. But I can acknowledge it and say I'm more comfortable with that risk than I am for the same risk for Deebo given other factors. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I mean I think you can acknowledge the risk for both but give it less weight for one. That's really just part of risk analysis.

This actually isn't the first time we have done this with Bosa either. When the draft was coming around, people acknowledged the injury and contract risk with him moving forward and just decided to move past it when we chose him over Quinnen when we did our mocks and whatnot. 

So let's just say that everyone acknowledges that they are similarly injury prone thus far in their careers. I can acknowledge it as a risk for Bosa but I can also then move beyond and accept it as a risk  because he may offer more compensating factors to overlook that attribute than Deebo does. Like, if people are asking me these questions (and others) and I'm largely sticking with Bosa's side of the question, then it makes sense that I'd be okay 

Which position is more valuable to me? 

Who do I think will hold up health wise moving forward? 

Who do I believe is more difficult to replace on the field production wise? 

Etc etc

I think if anyone is just refusing to acknowledge the health risk that Bosa has presented in the past, that's an issue. But I can acknowledge it and say I'm more comfortable with that risk than I am for the same risk for Deebo given other factors. 

This was me 100% I felt the upside with Bosa was just to great to pass up on and he was 100% the best player in the draft, although I did like Williams as well. 

It's funny because I really wanted to go AJ Brown in the second over Deebo because of Deebo's injury history. I think what really bugged me about Deebo's injuries were that he was constantly tweaking something and obviously is a thicker guy than he has any right to be at his size. Deebo's issue to me when he was coming out was that I perceived his injury issues as something that could continue to linger and re-occur.

I didn't have those same concerns with Bosa coming out. He tore his ACL in high school and had a core body injury which he probably could have come back from, but decided to be smart with his future; these injuries didn't seem to be a result of his body composition, and I certainly wasn't worried about his work ethic - I believe there were talks back then about Deebo coming in out of shape etc. 

I think I read somewhere where Shanny was talking about Julio going through the same thing as what I outlined with Deebo and my concerns with him constantly being in danger of pulling something: You get someone that big while also being so extremely explosive, you are going to have these types of injuries; almost like they're too strong/explosive for their bodies to handle. This may apply to Bosa as well, but I definitely had far less concerns about Bosa when we drafted him.  

I hope we keep both of them personally, but we'd be foolish to not listen to offers. Everything has a price in this world. 

13 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

He looks great here! Will it translate to the field? Who knows ?… he just looks so skinny lol.

He's got a lot of real estate to spread that weight across. He's 6'8 I believe. I know I have reaped the benefit of being 6'4 and being able to spread some of my weight around. I gained ~30lbs after brain surgery, I can't imagine what I'd look like if I had put on 30lbs at 6' or something.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

He's got a lot of real estate to spread that weight across. He's 6'8 I believe. I know I have reaped the benefit of being 6'4 and being able to spread some of my weight around. I gained ~30lbs after brain surgery, I can't imagine what I'd look like if I had put on 30lbs at 6' or something.  

Jesus, what's the weather like up there? 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jesus, what's the weather like up there? 

It's really a trip when you come across someone of similar height or taller than you when you are tall. It feels like you are looking way up, when in actuality you are probably looking closer to straight across at them than anything. I guess what I'm saying is that I come by looking down on people honestly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Hope your doing well after your surgery…..damn