49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Just now, GW21 said:

I thought it was two thirds if you lost a guy unless you lose two in the same offseason then you only got three instead of four; like what happened when we lost Saleh and Mayhew.

This is correct. We will get a 3rd rd comp pick this offseason and next.

Just now, GW21 said:

I thought it was two thirds if you lost a guy unless you lose two in the same offseason then you only got three instead of four; like what happened when we lost Saleh and Mayhew.

There were weird procedural issues. Some people thought it was only one of you currently had comp picks from minority hire... Then there was a question on when you got them if you already had them from a previous hire

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, happy for Mike. Also nervous lol

Kyle is great so he's going to be fine but like we just don't know how smooth this will go, especially in year one. All the players swear by Mike and credit him for a lot of the success of the run game. 

Now let's see which coaches he takes with him. 

Just now, Forge said:

I trust Tom more than anyone else about this, so does look like it's the same as the Saleh hire

So we should have two thirds this year (Saleh and McDaniel) and three next year for (our original, McDaniel, & Mayhew) right? 

Just now, GW21 said:

So we should have two thirds this year (Saleh and McDaniel) and three next year for (our original, McDaniel, & Mayhew) right? 

I still think we only get 1 comp pick per year, I could be wrong, but I think they just stock pile. 

If that’s the case, we are still on the Saleh and Mayhew picks for this year and next, then for two years after that we would go to the McDaniels picks.

the only reason I say this is that we have 3 from the Mayhew and Saleh losses, we only received on last year and traded away the other this year to Miami. We would get the 3rd and final one next year.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But does this mean two 3rd rounders this year? If we can move Jimmy for a 2nd, then honestly having four picks in the first three rounds is very solid. Can sure up the OL and add to the DL depth. 

Yes, one should be this year, one the next. There was some thought that we wouldn't get these picks until after the Saleh and Mayhew picks were spent, but I think we should get it this year. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yes, one should be this year, one the next. There was some thought that we wouldn't get these picks until after the Saleh and Mayhew picks were spent, but I think we should get it this year. 

Great! Will also have Ryans likely netting us another 3rd rounder next season and maybe Lynn depending on how well Lance does??

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I trust Tom more than anyone else about this, so does look like it's the same as the Saleh hire

1. Good for Mike, he'll be missed, I just didn't want him gone, not for him to not get a HC gig, just hate having our staff raided, except for Hightower lol, and 2. yeah that whole comp pick thing isn't easy to figure out, I wonder if we get a 3rd in 2022 & 2023, or is it 2023 & 2024, I have no clue.

• Like 1