49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Really feel like we need to get that Deebo extension done before the start of FA. 

Adams is going to reset that market in a big way. 

Get Deebo locked up before March, I could see him at 22 million. But I really feel like if FA hits and Adams sets that market at 30, we may have to give him 26/27. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really feel like we need to get that Deebo extension done before the start of FA. 

Adams is going to reset that market in a big way. 

Get Deebo locked up before March, I could see him at 22 million. But I really feel like if FA hits and Adams sets that market at 30, we may have to give him 26/27. 

I'm sure they will try but Deebo's agent will want to wait until Adams gets his deal...But what if happens if the Packers just tag Adams??

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some won't agree but it actually makes sense to let Tomlinson and Jones get big pay days elsewhere and trust your drafting and spend money on a top corner instead. We drafted Banks and Kinlaw early the last two years, they have to step up and give you good play. Draft another guard in the 2nd or 3rd round and have even more competition. Let Key get a big payday elsewhere and go sign another bargain free agent. Kocurek has gotten career years out of Ebukam, Key and Hyder the last two years. What does that say? I'm not going to bring up Jones because that man has ALWAYS been good but this is how good teams stay good for long periods of time. 

Basically, let those two go and go sign someone like Jackson or Gilmore and profit!!!!

IMO, we need to bring back at least 1 of them, preferably both, Laken, while not the best pass protector, he's helped solidify the left side with Trent, who said he loves playing with him, and we have no clue what of Banks, Brunskill, McKivitz, or Moore would be ready week 1, plus Trey at QB, we need the best OL to protect him, but if we decide to let him walk, then I'd try and sign either James Daniels(Bears RG) or Alex Cappa(Buccaneers RG), and let those 4 battle it out for the LG spot.

As for DJ, I just think he's too important to let leave, he & Armstead are a monster tandem IMO, we drafted him, we developed him, now it's time to reward him, especially after signing 1yr $3.5M deal last offseason, and without DJ, you have what at IDL? Armstead, Kinlaw(if healthy), Givens(ERFA), Street(RFA), if we re-sign Key he can play inside, same with Hurst, but I don't know if I trust Hurst after he played I think 2 or 3 games in 2021.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sure they will try but Deebo's agent will want to wait until Adams gets his deal...But what if happens if the Packers just tag Adams??

Best case scenario for us, but that's going to put the Packers in a really tough position cap wise 

5 hours ago, RSNiners said:

I’m hoping for a top corner also. What will the price for Jackson or Gilmore be since the corner market isn’t the best? 

JC Jackson IMO will get tagged, if not, he's gonna get close to Jalen Ramsey money($20M a yr), and we can't afford that, along with Bosa at $30M-$31M a yr, Deebo at $20M-$22M a yr, along with extending Aiyuk next offseason, I don't want to lose any of these 3, them along with Juice, Kittle, Trent, Armstead, Warner, & Ward are who I see as our key core players, with all but Ward signed past 2022, so signing a CB to anywhere near $20M a yr isn't doable, plus I want them to give Moseley, Ambry, Lenoir, anyone they may draft a chance, I'm all for adding a CB, someone in the 2nd-tier, Charvarius Ward(Chiefs), Levi Wallace(Bills), Donte Jackson(Panthers), Darious Williams(Rams), Kevin King(Packers), Rasul Douglas(Packers), Steven Nelson(Eagles), Desmond King(Texans), Casey Hayward(Raiders), Mike Hughes(Chiefs), & D.J. Reed Jr.(Seahawks), I think Gilmore, if he has a solid market will get $15M a more a yr, just based on his name/past play, and I doubt we go that high, I'm looking more in the $5M-$10M a yr range, nothing above that.

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I think Adams is tagged one way or the other, whether or not Rodgers stays or leaves, the Packers won't let him go without compensation, and a 3rd rd comp pick in 2023 at the end of the 3rd isn't much, basically a early 4th.

As fun as the clips are, it's far more important that he just take care of the little things. If he minimizes errors, he's going to be great. Too talented not to. But he needs to make the plays he needs to make and not mess up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

As fun as the clips are, it's far more important that he just take care of the little things. If he minimizes errors, he's going to be great. Too talented not to. But he needs to make the plays he needs to make and not mess up

I’ll take not flubbing simple WR screens in the red zone to Deebo. Lance moved the ball pretty darn well in his two starts. YPP, YPA can confirm. But the offense really struggled on 3rd and 4th and short and in the red zone. 2 of those were goal line trips where we wasted downs due to just flubbing screens on early downs. The first ended up in the 4th down play where Lance smashed into the Cardinals at the goal line. The second was a part of putting away the Texans game. The team dominated that second half and part of the rather uninspiring score was settling for 3 late on. As a side note, we did complete 1 goal line screen to Deebo with Lance. It went for a TD in the Seahawks game. 

• Like 3