49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Shanny rates his quality control coaches highly. That means he sees something good in Hankerson and thinks he will be able to handle a bigger role soon...What exactly is that bigger role though? Possible offensive assistant coach? Eventually having a chance to be the OC? 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

FIFY 

Definitely, but we probably could have won if Tomlinson didn't go the wrong way on that 2nd and 1 run lol. Get the first down there and even if we get only a FG that drive, it puts us in good position, especially by taking off another three or so minutes off the clock. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156389-colin-cowherd-should-49ers-worry-about-rumored-doubts/

Added Cowherd: "I'm not saying Trey is ready or not, but when stuff leaks out, I'm not a coincidence guy, there's some doubts in the building. And should you be worried about that? A little bit, yeah. I think you've got to be worried about it."

Article says Young was having doubts about Lance but from what i heard he actually was endorsing starting Lance and moving on from Jimmy?

So you have Glazer, King, Maiocco all saying positive things about Lance

You have Montana saying Lance isn't ready

And Young seems to be in the middle

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156389-colin-cowherd-should-49ers-worry-about-rumored-doubts/

Article says Young was having doubts about Lance but from what i heard he actually was endorsing starting Lance and moving on from Jimmy?

So you have Glazer, King, Maiocco all saying positive things about Lance

You have Montana saying Lance isn't ready

And Young seems to be in the middle

At the beginning he advocated young guys to just get thrown into the fire. 

What he's basically saying here is that the 49ers were flat out telling everyone he wasn't ready last year and that because of his inexperience, it would take a lot to get him ready to be super bowl competitive for this upcoming season (which is why @J-ALL-DAY and I both were in favor of starting him from jump and getting the worst bumps out of the way)

1 hour ago, Forge said:

At the beginning he advocated young guys to just get thrown into the fire. 

What he's basically saying here is that the 49ers were flat out telling everyone he wasn't ready last year and that because of his inexperience, it would take a lot to get him ready to be super bowl competitive for this upcoming season (which is why @J-ALL-DAY and I both were in favor of starting him from jump and getting the worst bumps out of the way)

Yeah, you let Lance get better with game experience but I was very encouraged from the improvements he made from week 5 to week 17. So whatever the Niners were doing with him was working.

Cowherd seems to think people are leaking that to Montana. I'm just not sure about that. Montana is never around the team and said he hardly watches football now. Realistically, who would leak that to him?? Then he said he's talked to a couple of players and since he's never around the building, it would have had to been someone at Radio row… The only Niners there were Deebo and Kittle. So did those two tell him he's not ready yet? Possible but more likely he came to his conclusion after talking to them. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Was a good candidate for an in house replacement when we lost demeco

I was hoping he would not be the in house replacement to be honest. I want either someone like Fangio or give one of the youngsters a chance to be the DC. 

I'm guessing his contract wasn't picked up either because why wouldn't he have just been our LBs coach since he was so this past season with Coach Holland being diagnosed with cancer? 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was hoping he would not be the in house replacement to be honest. I want either someone like Fangio or give one of the youngsters a chance to be the DC. 

I'm guessing his contract wasn't picked up either because why wouldn't he have just been our LBs coach since he was so this past season with Coach Holland being diagnosed with cancer? 

Could be. Possible we couldn't block him because he had one of those titles that makes you think we just created a role for him so we could hire him lol

As far as I know though, we have never officially "replaced" Holland. Someone is obviously taking care of it, but not in an official capacity

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You didn't post them though you coward!!!! Post them!!!!!

So THIS is what folks were referencing when talking about warm ups? I didn't see Feely say this lol. Wow, forget talking about PRACTICE, we are talking about warms ups??? Okayyy then!!!!

Warm-ups? We're talking warm-ups? Not the game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Could be. Possible we couldn't block him because he had one of those titles that makes you think we just created a role for him so we could hire him lol

As far as I know though, we have never officially "replaced" Holland. Someone is obviously taking care of it, but not in an official capacity

Show me a guy who played LB for Washington in 2012, and I'll show you a candidate for LB coach.

• Like 1