49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ward is a no-brainier restructure. He needs to finish his career in a SF uniform.

Now, will it be worth to restructure Armstead's deal? 

Ward is an easy extension, especially since he counts for over 6 million on the cap next year even if he's not here. 

2-3 year extension and I would probably put most of the guarantees on the base salaries. 

I would not restructure Armstead. His cap hits are 20, 21 and 23 the next three years with heavy base salary. We aren't desperate for 10 million more this year, so keep flexibility in future years (when it could also make sense to add on an extension as well) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Ward is an easy extension, especially since he counts for over 6 million on the cap next year even if he's not here. 

2-3 year extension and I would probably put most of the guarantees on the base salaries. 

I would not restructure Armstead. His cap hits are 20, 21 and 23 the next three years with heavy base salary. We aren't desperate for 10 million more this year, so keep flexibility in future years (when it could also make sense to add on an extension as well) 

That's what I'm thinking regarding Armstead, instead this team wants to make a big splash for someone like JC Jackson. But I don't see that happening so just get rid of Jimmy and restructure Ward and we should be fine. Can make a few other small moves but those two should be the main moves to help the cap situation. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Redoing Ward makes no sense, as you said he's counting over $6M, it's $6.395M in dead money as his deal voids, if you redo him, and you save the max of $6.224M, that's another $6.224M to his $6.395M in dead money, that'll never happen, hoping they extend him, I just did an article on this, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022/02/24/looking-at-what-a-jimmie-ward-extension-could-look-like-plus-cap-ramifications-for-2022-2023-both-current-based-on-my-mock-offseason/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's what I'm thinking regarding Armstead, instead this team wants to make a big splash for someone like JC Jackson. But I don't see that happening so just get rid of Jimmy and restructure Ward and we should be fine. Can make a few other small moves but those two should be the main moves to help the cap situation. 

The 49ers are going to need to create cap room, significant, before 4PM EST March 16th, they'll likely be $11.553M over the 2022 cap, unless they get some crazy amount of adjustments/credits like in 2021 with over $11M, so Armstead can save a max of $10.424M, that makes sense, then the Ward extension can save either $6.224M max or $5.826M with just 4 years, he has 3 void years left, so it'd be a 3yr extension through 2025.

They can go to Ebukam, and if he wants to stay, they can try to get a pay cut from him, $5.9M to $1.035M, savings of $4.865M, Idk if they'll get Ward extended ASAP, so they may have to redo AA, and then either pay cut from Ebukam, cut Ebukam, or redo Trent's deal, idk what will happen.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

They would have had to pay him a ton. He's in a good spot right now making good money and that job with amazon (or whichever broadcast partner) will likely always be there in the near future. There's simply no reason for him to move on yet unless you make him an offer he can't refuse financially (or unless he's just a bit burnt out) 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

They would have had to pay him a ton. He's in a good spot right now making good money and that job with amazon (or whichever broadcast partner) will likely always be there in the near future. There's simply no reason for him to move on yet unless you make him an offer he can't refuse financially (or unless he's just a bit burnt out) 

If he can get over 10M for a broadcasting gig though, hard to turn down. The stress is just FAR less. 

But Lynch all but admitted he was not going to be a lifer in this business. Shanny may coach for 20 more years, but Lynch will not be the GM for that long. He's going to eventually leave. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If he can get over 10M for a broadcasting gig though, hard to turn down. The stress is just FAR less. 

But Lynch all but admitted he was not going to be a lifer in this business. Shanny may coach for 20 more years, but Lynch will not be the GM for that long. He's going to eventually leave. 

I'd guess that if we had won a super bowl over the last three years, he'd probably be gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd guess that if we had won a super bowl over the last three years, he'd probably be gone. 

I think he would still have wanted to finish his contract out but then yeah he would have been gone after that. People said that Kyle got a 5 year extension and Lynch got a 4 year extension so Kyle can have more power over Lynch...But I don't think that is true. They work well together and it's pretty much known that Kyle has more power. I think Lynch set it up this way for a reason. Why four years? No clue, but I would be surprised if he is still the GM after his deal expires. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Hopefully we can time it out right so we can promote Peters when Lynch does leave. Would be really lame to lose Peters then watch Lynch walk away a year later. 

We should do it now and let Lynch walk, I’m pretty sure Peters does more behind the scenes than Lynch at this point in terms of molding this squad 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I think it’s too early to tell, the combine is usually a place where a lot of these conversations happen. If we don’t hear something the week after the combine, then I would be very concerned

Combine should be when it happens....but J and I were talking about it a little yesterday. Nobody doubts that this is Trey's team and that he's going to be the starter next year and all that. So when you hear Schefty talking about jimmy not a lock to be traded and trey isn't ready (and he's not the first to say that part), I think it's a logical line to draw that the 49ers are trying to gets some leverage to increase trade value.