49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Lambs ain't winning **** next season. They barely eeked out a trophy this year with them pushing all their cards to the middle of the table to make that happen. They'll have to get real creative with the cap to keep their core somewhat intact. They'll have the buzz of being defending champions and they'll still be one of the better teams in the conference but they ain't running it back...foh.

I don't know that it's really all that creative. They can free up a lot of money pretty easily. OBJ tearing his acl was a brutal blow though because I'm not sure where that is going to put them in terms of re-signing him. Makes it far less likely that they trade someone like woods, for example. So I'm not sure where that specific situation ends up. 

But Whitworth is going to retire, so that frees up 16M. An Extension for Stafford will likely free up something like 10 million. I'd expect some restructures on Ramsey, Kupp and Floyd and maybe a cut of Higbee. Cuts of Hekker and Gaines as well loads them up with 35+ million cap space without a significant impact to their overall roster. Can't avoid the Whitworth thing which makes the Noteboom signing paramount, but after that you really don't need to bring a guy like Michel or Corbett back. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know that it's really all that creative. They can free up a lot of money pretty easily. OBJ tearing his acl was a brutal blow though because I'm not sure where that is going to put them in terms of re-signing him. Makes it far less likely that they trade someone like woods, for example. So I'm not sure where that specific situation ends up. 

But Whitworth is going to retire, so that frees up 16M. An Extension for Stafford will likely free up something like 10 million. I'd expect some restructures on Ramsey, Kupp and Floyd and maybe a cut of Higbee. Cuts of Hekker and Gaines as well loads them up with 35+ million cap space without a significant impact to their overall roster. Can't avoid the Whitworth thing which makes the Noteboom signing paramount, but after that you really don't need to bring a guy like Michel or Corbett back. 

Maybe 'creative' was a little overstated but they have some decisions to make. How that all goes, who knows. They'll get some vets to come there a chase a ring but nothing about them "running it back" scares me. Like at all. If Ryans can learn to double/bracket Kupp in key moments and make Stafford beat you with somebody else, I like our chances of restarting another streak.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forge said:

This was awkward lol

We look at that from a 49ers perspective, but he's on another team now. It's not a good idea to speculate about other QBs when you have to eventually figure out your own QB situation. Everything he says can be held against him in a court of public opinion. I think the duty of a head coach is to say as little as possible, while still answering as many questions as possible, if that makes sense. That's why we got all the coach speak and player speak filled with all the same old clichés. The "we gotta give our 110%" and "We can beat anybody, we just have to execute" and all that stuff. They always try to say the least info in the most possible words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Another good corner potentially available. Has good experience in zone schemes and would do well in our system. 

I think Bradberry would be a perfect fit in our system, I have a new favorite FA I wanna go after now

Trae Wayne’s is another potential cut that could come very cheap, provide some depth

Edited by P_locniners

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Another good corner potentially available. Has good experience in zone schemes and would do well in our system. 

I actually thought of him as a potential target to get from the Giants in a Jimmy G trade lol 

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

We look at that from a 49ers perspective, but he's on another team now. It's not a good idea to speculate about other QBs when you have to eventually figure out your own QB situation. Everything he says can be held against him in a court of public opinion. I think the duty of a head coach is to say as little as possible, while still answering as many questions as possible, if that makes sense. That's why we got all the coach speak and player speak filled with all the same old clichés. The "we gotta give our 110%" and "We can beat anybody, we just have to execute" and all that stuff. They always try to say the least info in the most possible words.

That's really what made it so awkward. Clearly he didn't expect to be getting questions on Lance / 49ers (he even joked about it), but wanted to answer something and then I think he found himself in a spot where he didn't know what he could / couldn't and should / shouldn't say lol. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually thought of him as a potential target to get from the Giants in a Jimmy G trade lol 

Not a bad idea but looks like they are sticking with Jones this season. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

LOL 

Honestly, Cohn makes his money off views. If you understand his agenda then the easier it is to enjoy him and not get frustrated with his click bait tweets/videos lol. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not a bad idea but looks like they are sticking with Jones this season. 

Honestly, Cohn makes his money off views. If you understand his agenda then the easier it is to enjoy him and not get frustrated with his click bait tweets/videos lol. 

I seriously can't stand Cohn, the guy dug up old tweets of mine when I was saying I was glad we didn't sign Earl Thomas, after the whole Ravens issues with him being a headache, cause I had said that offseason to bring him in, as if I can't make a mistake, or correct myself, I'm glad Lynch didn't bring Thomas in, I'm all in with how they're building this team.

As for Cohn, he just does clickbait content, I refuse to click on anything from Cohn, and when someone references Cohn as a source, It has no validity IMO.

• Like 3

Two things: 

1. We did not maximize this return lol

2. Tank Carradine one of my all time great draft misses. Thought that guy was going to be a stud. Granted, we absolutely butchered his development, but even well before we drafted him, he was a draft crush. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I seriously can't stand Cohn, the guy dug up old tweets of mine when I was saying I was glad we didn't sign Earl Thomas, after the whole Ravens issues with him being a headache, cause I had said that offseason to bring him in, as if I can't make a mistake, or correct myself, I'm glad Lynch didn't bring Thomas in, I'm all in with how they're building this team.

90% of this forum wanted to do the same. There were a few (shoutout to those guys, I can't remember who you all were) who didn't want to make that move, but a few us (myself included) were pretty livid that we went back with Ward and ignored Thomas. At that juncture, Ward hadn't really shown the ability to be a great safety. He wasn't particularly great in the pure single high role, but he was so good moving down to the slot or playing the robber and moving in a 2 high role or in quarters coverage that we ultimately ended up doing more of. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Two things: 

1. We did not maximize this return lol

2. Tank Carradine one of my all time great draft misses. Thought that guy was going to be a stud. Granted, we absolutely butchered his development, but even well before we drafted him, he was a draft crush. 

I had high hopes for Tank, but again, an injured player that Baalke took, but way too early, 2nd rd, but man, I wish Borland never retired, he would have been great next to Bowman.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

90% of this forum wanted to do the same. There were a few (shoutout to those guys, I can't remember who you all were) who didn't want to make that move, but a few us (myself included) were pretty livid that we went back with Ward and ignored Thomas. At that juncture, Ward hadn't really shown the ability to be a great safety. He wasn't particularly great in the pure single high role, but he was so good moving down to the slot or playing the robber and moving in a 2 high role or in quarters coverage that we ultimately ended up doing more of. 

Yeah, I even said to Cohn I regret wanting him, and was thankful he didn't sign with us, I think he does crap like this to get under neath your skin, or to get views, noticed, etc.... I've stopped paying attention to him since he did that, I was like I don't care, he ain't worth my time.

I know some don't like Lombardi, but I actually do, not just because he follows me, I've talked to him on DMs, he's a cool guy, same with both Matt's, I actually talked to Eric Branch on the phone when I first got on Twitter, after Maiocco cited me as the source for Mario Manningham's restructure way back, forget what site he was with before NBC Sports Bay Area.

• Like 2