49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I doubt either team is "highly intrigued" by Jimmy but they just realize he could be the best option for what they need right now. 

Pittsburgh giving up a 2nd rounder for Jimmy is actually plausible...Can't see Washington giving up a top 10 2nd round pick though. 

Would you give up our late 3rd round pick with Jimmy for Washington 2nd round pick?

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Would you give up our late 3rd round pick with Jimmy for Washington 2nd round pick?

Um, that's interesting but probably since this is a good OL and edge draft. Would be able to get a very quality player with a top 42 pick. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I doubt either team is "highly intrigued" by Jimmy but they just realize he could be the best option for what they need right now. 

Pittsburgh giving up a 2nd rounder for Jimmy is actually plausible...Can't see Washington giving up a top 10 2nd round pick though. 

Washington clearly just trying to have a backup plan in case trubs signing falls through 😂

40 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

He has a $7.5M injury guarantee, but not like others, his is only GTD if he's cut while hurt.

Would still kill our plans in free agency while he recovers, correct? Unfortunate or fortunate timing if you look at it from Jimmy's perspective lol.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would still kill our plans in free agency while he recovers, correct? Unfortunate or fortunate timing if you look at it from Jimmy's perspective lol.

He'll still get traded this month, so the team dealing for him would assume that $7.5M injury guarantee, and if a team is willing to trade for Jimmy, they likely won't have an issue with his surgery.

• Like 2

With word coming out of Jimmy needing surgery, that pretty much guarantees us having a conditional pick probably based on playing time...and knowing Jimmy, that means we likely aren't getting anything substantial in the trade. Would you take a 2022 4th rounder or prefer a 2023 4th rounder that could potentially turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

With word coming out of Jimmy needing surgery, that pretty much guarantees us having a conditional pick probably based on playing time...and knowing Jimmy, that means we likely aren't getting anything substantial in the trade. Would you take a 2022 4th rounder or prefer a 2023 4th rounder that could potentially turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder?

I'll take the latter I guess...

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tbh I don't think Jimmy can stay healthy. What is the conditional? 75 percent games played and or make the playoffs? If so tbh id rather just take the pick this year. If it's conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd. If it's anything more then I will take 2023. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

On 2/28/2022 at 10:06 AM, NinerNation21 said:

You really, really have to hate yourself and have no standards to purposely be a troll for money. This is the definition of selling your soul, right? 

He's absolutely useless, yet he has a zombie hoard at his disposal on Twitter that will do whatever he says. It's crazy to me. 

My most used GIF recently is that scene in The Dark Knight in which Michael Caine says "Some men just want to watch the world burn". I feel like there's a large chunk of the internet these days that revel in negativity and provocation. So I'm not surprised he has a following. There's a hot take army out there. It doesn't matter if an opinion is right or not, as long as it's loud and catchy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'd pretty much use Jimmy to upgrade any pick we're offered. If we're offered a 2nd, I'd at least dangle adding our second to turn theirs into a first. If that doesn't work, sure, take the second. If we're only offered a 3rd, I'd dangle our third to make it a second instead. If not, then take the third (and I'd probably ask for a late rounder on top, on any of these trade proposals, just because that's where we shine). 

Honestly, I don't like having too many picks, though. Sure, we're letting free agents walk this year, so we have open spots. But I don't think we fill open spots with the 9 picks we already have, let alone with what we get for Jimmy. So I think it's a good idea to package picks with Jimmy in return for better picks. And I think it's still a good idea to trade up at certain spots, because at some point, using all your picks doesn't work either. 

One of my biggest frustration, this year, was watching Jakeem Grant get traded for a 2023 6th rounder... if there's anyone of value on the trade market, even just on a last year of a contract, I'd look at that. Grant would have been a great addition to our team last year. He was very much something we needed badly. When you have a good roster, you can't always use all your picks in significant ways. So if you have a clear need, use those picks. If you need depth somewhere, and someone is available for a 5th-6th rounder, go for it. 

• Like 1