Poles and Eberflus introductory press conference - 11am

CBears019

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Ah I guess I took bullish as he slighted him slightly like saying he has stuff to work on or something. 

Being fair he didn’t say he doesn’t have things to work on, and he definitely does. But he’s clearly super high on him and his desire to be great. Whether that’s just lip service or not (seeing as how he’s the only WR we have under contract and all) is TBD. Mooney is a good piece though. How good? If there’s another jump in 2022 from 81/1055/4 to, say, 85/1200/7 (not at all unfathomable) then I’d say pretty damn good. 

You have to wonder based on what Poles said yesterday if James Daniels is back on the table...I don't mean bloated James Daniels of the last few seasons...I mean getting him back to being 20lbs lighter and playing in the scheme he did at Iowa where he was a real success...I still have a hard stop point for Daniels when it comes to money of $7-$8 million at most but if we get him back to where he was coming out of college then maybe he would be worth it...still think he is a better centre than guard in the pros.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

You have to wonder based on what Poles said yesterday if James Daniels is back on the table...I don't mean bloated James Daniels of the last few seasons...I mean getting him back to being 20lbs lighter and playing in the scheme he did at Iowa where he was a real success...I still have a hard stop point for Daniels when it comes to money of $7-$8 million at most but if we get him back to where he was coming out of college then maybe he would be worth it...still think he is a better centre than guard in the pros.

Agreed. Also, I saw an article that suggested what Poles said yesterday bodes not well for Jenkins. Am I missing something here? He’s 315 lb. That’s not “big” at all in the modern NFL for a tackle or a guard. 

44 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed. Also, I saw an article that suggested what Poles said yesterday bodes not well for Jenkins. Am I missing something here? He’s 315 lb. That’s not “big” at all in the modern NFL for a tackle or a guard. 

Yeah I don't really get why Jenkins wouldn't fit...he ran a 5.01 forty and had a 32 1/2" vertical at 317lbs...dude is clearly explosive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He looked out of shape last season but he was coming off a significant injury. Hope he works on his movement throughout the offseason and comes to camp in better shape.

33 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He looked out of shape last season but he was coming off a significant injury. Hope he works on his movement throughout the offseason and comes to camp in better shape.

I didn’t think he looked out of shape physically but he did look like he was having to work himself into game shape conditioning-wise at times. Physically he looked basically the same as he did at OSU IMO. There’s some balance to it - he can’t get too light at tackle.

907-D41-B8-BCDC-4-F30-8-F2-D-8-D698-F69-
27-A499-F2-C43-E-4-DBD-8034-7-EB9-E8-E4-