Jason Wright: “We will be in a new venue in 2027.”

turtle28

5 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Snyder said that we would definitely be in a new stadium in 2027 in an interview almost a year ago. 

I guess we’ll see, they have a lot of work to do. It’s the one are where firing Bruce Allen set this team back a few years , but that’s the only area.

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You guys are not reading between the lines here.  This is not a promise to the fans, its a threat from Snyder to the politicians. Their lease expires in 2027, he will not be renewing the lease.  Either give me a stadium or I'm moving the team.  

Great point MKnight!

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You guys are not reading between the lines here.  This is not a promise to the fans, its a threat from Snyder to the politicians. Their lease expires in 2027, he will not be renewing the lease.  Either give me a stadium or I'm moving the team.  

That's what I got too. It's a shot to all three that they aren't the only game in town and to step up efforts to lure the stadium to them. And it's also the warning you speak of "I'll move the team"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not gonna lie.

If they get a stadium at RFK, that could pull me in. Either remodeling the old, or creating a new?

One of the top 5 Stadiums of all time, imo.

They could put pink salamander's on their helmet for all I care, but play at RFK? I'll watch.

At least that would tie in some history for me in Redskins land.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, MKnight82 said:

Was just coming in here to say this.  He’s not going to want to tear down Fed Ex and build on top of it, but that’s going to be the option he’s left with aside from moving the team.  And at this point, I think it’s more likely he moves the team.  

18 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not gonna lie.

If they get a stadium at RFK, that could pull me in. Either remodeling the old, or creating a new?

One of the top 5 Stadiums of all time, imo.

They could put pink salamander's on their helmet for all I care, but play at RFK? I'll watch.

At least that would tie in some history for me in Redskins land.

The stadium actually sucked but the memories there are the best we have. RFK was never beautiful even when new but the memories created there were historic for us fans. For us who have been to the stadium for concerts, Nationals games or DC United games from 1997-2017 after the Redskins left the stadium was falling apart and was a dump.

A newly built stadium there would be a dream though! It would be so awesome w/ bars around the area and condos/apartments & some stores/shopping. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Was just coming in here to say this.  He’s not going to want to tear down Fed Ex and build on top of it, but that’s going to be the option he’s left with aside from moving the team.  And at this point, I think it’s more likely he moves the team.  

I disagree that he’s going to move the team.  Snyder grew up here, he was a fan before he owned the team, he’s not moving the team. One of the 3 areas will help build them a stadium. If DC won’t do it, they won’t get it.

I think it’s most likely that they’re goin mg to build the new stadium right next to @Thaiphoon’s house out in Leesburg! 😂 

No but really, I think it’ll end up in Fairfax, Loudon or Price William Counties bc the Commanders Headquarters is already in Virginia. It’s not that I want, but so expect it. I think tearing down Fed Ex or greatly remodeling/upgrading it is a last resort but I think Dan will do that before moving the team, moving the team is not even in Dan’s mind IMO.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s most likely that they’re goin mg to build the new stadium right next to @Thaiphoon’s house out in Leesburg! 😂 

NO!!!

No but really, I think it’ll end up in Fairfax, Loudon or Price William Counties bc the Commanders Headquarters is already in Virginia. It’s not that I want, but so expect it. I think tearing down Fed Ex or greatly remodeling/upgrading it is a last resort but I think Dan will do that before moving the team, moving the team is not even in Dan’s mind IMO.

Fairfax has zero room for a stadium. And the real estate is higher.

Loudoun has room and real estate is not as high but middle of the three. Silver line goes all the way out to middle of Greenway.

Prince William has room, and real estate is lowest of the three but no mass transit.

If VA my guess it's one of the bottom two with Loudoun getting the nod. Which will make me mad

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

NO!!!

Fairfax has zero room for a stadium. And the real estate is higher.

Loudoun has room and real estate is not as high but middle of the three. Silver line goes all the way out to middle of Greenway.

Prince William has room, and real estate is lowest of the three but no mass transit.

If VA my guess it's one of the bottom two with Loudoun getting the nod. Which will make me mad

I hear ya, I don’t like it but for different reasons than you but I do think they’re going to end up in Prince William or Loudon.

I did read that Virginia is thinking about putting in a ferry ⛴ across the Potomac around Woodbridge to help with traffic congestion down there. If that happened and they extended the metro from Springfield down to the stadium that would help.

You can also take VRE down there. It’s a nice train ride, it just takes a while.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/proposed-ferry-would-connect-woodbridge-with-dc-along-potomac-river.amp

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:31 PM, turtle28 said:

I hear ya, I don’t like it but for different reasons than you but I do think they’re going to end up in Prince William or Loudon.

I did read that Virginia is thinking about putting in a ferry ⛴ across the Potomac around Woodbridge to help with traffic congestion down there. If that happened and they extended the metro from Springfield down to the stadium that would help.

You can also take VRE down there. It’s a nice train ride, it just takes a while.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/proposed-ferry-would-connect-woodbridge-with-dc-along-potomac-river.amp

That's easily twice the distance the silver line takes to Loudoun. Oof.

But if they can solve the transit problems when they put it in Prince William, then they should put it by/near 95 so it can handle traffic.

• Like 1