Jason Wright: “We will be in a new venue in 2027.”

turtle28

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Junkies were alluding to that earlier today too. Someone brought up the Metro and lane extensions should be in by then, but still, I don't think it would compensate for the problem it currently has and then would add. 

There's zero chance the metro will go out that far to Dumfries (or Woodbridge) and even if it did, there's less than zero chance it would be finished in time for the first game at the stadium. As much as I hate the idea of it in Loudoun Co, I hate it in Woodbridge or Dumfries even more. At least where they are thinking about it, the metro is already finished. That being said, I still don't want it here. Taxes raised for a billionaire who could pay for it himself, only to have it wither away in 20-30 years and be an unused husk, while Snyder pockets his $$ and moves onto a new site.

No thank you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Unreal. Living in Richmond this makes it easier for me to get to some of these and I still hate this idea with a passion. 

Also, not that it matters much, but this map is wrong. The Sterling site is where the quarries are now (*).

Where the quarries are is NorthEast of Dulles Airport at the intersection of Rte 28 and the toll road (Rte 267). Look at the map and at the intersection that essentially creates a "T" the quarry is in the NE quadrant right at that intersection. That was the area I was alluding to earlier (**) where they could create it so it wouldn't be too far into Loudoun Co. That s basically Loudoun Co/almost Fairfax Co there.

(*) which brings up another engineering issue. If it's on the site of the quarries, then they have to be filled in.

(**) there's another area right next to the quarries where Amazon was thinking of putting their HQ. I think they had bought the land or had purchased an option for it. Not sure if there is enough room to do the stadium there without including the quarry. But either way, if it goes there, I expect it to. Because there's no way Snyder puts a stadium next to a working rock quarry (that has blasting occasionally).

My buddy though wants it in VA. He's the one that makes all the great tailgating food. And he lives in Herndon. If the stadium went up at the quarry, it would be a 5 minute drive for him.

• Like 1

I don’t want it in Dumfries or Woodbridge bc currently I get out of work early on game days for preseason games & Monday night/Thursday night games living in Maryland and commuting to that area and if they moved the stadium to that area, I wouldn’t get out of work early anymore. 😂 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:28 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Also, not that it matters much, but this map is wrong. The Sterling site is where the quarries are now (*).

Where the quarries are is NorthEast of Dulles Airport at the intersection of Rte 28 and the toll road (Rte 267). Look at the map and at the intersection that essentially creates a "T" the quarry is in the NE quadrant right at that intersection. That was the area I was alluding to earlier (**) where they could create it so it wouldn't be too far into Loudoun Co. That s basically Loudoun Co/almost Fairfax Co there.

(*) which brings up another engineering issue. If it's on the site of the quarries, then they have to be filled in.

(**) there's another area right next to the quarries where Amazon was thinking of putting their HQ. I think they had bought the land or had purchased an option for it. Not sure if there is enough room to do the stadium there without including the quarry. But either way, if it goes there, I expect it to. Because there's no way Snyder puts a stadium next to a working rock quarry (that has blasting occasionally).

[b]My buddy though wants it in VA. He's the one that makes all the great tailgating food. And he lives in Herndon. If the stadium went up at the quarry, it would be a 5 minute drive for him.[/b[

This is why I like the Fed Ex location, I am about 20-25 minutes away and avoid most of the traffic quagmire.  I will not go over the bridge or into DC except MAYBE once a year, but once every 2-3 years sounds like a better option. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I feel bad this FO had no idea what they signed up for!!

I don’t feel bad for any of them, from Rivera to Jason Wright, to Hurney to Mayhew. They knew what they signed up for when they took a job working for Dan Snyder. All of them have been around the league for decades, they’re all smart guys, they knew. They, like others before them thought they could change Dan, make great business decisions despite him or win despite him and so far just like all those who came before them they’ve been wrong.

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

Jason Wright has been a total unprofessional clown show. I feel zero sympathy for that guy.  

I’m not going to defend everything he’s done, but unprofessional? He’s like Mother Teresa compared to Bruce

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m not going to defend everything he’s done, but unprofessional? He’s like Mother Teresa compared to Bruce

I am not comparing him to Bruce.  That is too low of a peg.  But what has wright actually done well?  

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am not comparing him to Bruce.  That is too low of a peg.  But what has wright actually done well?  

Not be Bruce 😆

I think it’s maybe your use of the word unprofessional vs what I am thinking. 

The part I find a little grating about Jason Wright is the frequency with which he goes to the “oops, we screwed up, here’s my heartfelt apology and promise to do better” social media posting. 

I appreciate accountability and willingness to take responsibility for mistakes. It’s a good trait. But if you’re doing it all the time — just do better up front. Hire better people, have a more inclusive process, find ways to get around the jackass owner. Whatever you have to do, just do it. Because at the end of the day, screwing up and apologizing is still…screwing up. 

I’m also still salty about that letter he sent out regarding the Redwolves name. Acting like they didn’t want to pick that name because protracted and costly IP litigation would be problematic and upsetting for the fans was one of the most egregious acts of bald-faced corporate horse****tery that I’ve witnessed in recent times.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Virginia has got to pump the breaks on their push for this right?  Why would you move forward with any plans with Snyder at this point if he might not even be the owner soon? 

Because at the end of the day, he is the owner now and likely will be the owner going forward. 

All this smoke has led the investigations to fire multiple times and he still remains. 

Honestly I have more faith in us winning a Super Bowl than Dan Snyder being outed from owning this team. There has been ZERO actual progress towards that. The owners have defended him, the NFL has covered for him. It's honestly the nightmare that never ends. Maybe before I die this team will have a new owner and hopefully they arent a relative of Dan Snyder's.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Because at the end of the day, he is the owner now and likely will be the owner going forward. 

All this smoke has led the investigations to fire multiple times and he still remains. 

Honestly I have more faith in us winning a Super Bowl than Dan Snyder being outed from owning this team. There has been ZERO actual progress towards that. The owners have defended him, the NFL has covered for him. It's honestly the nightmare that never ends. Maybe before I die this team will have a new owner and hopefully they arent a relative of Dan Snyder's.

This new controversy is different though.  Its accusing Snyder of screwing the other owner's out of money.  The fact that the NFL has made zero comment about it is telling.  They aren't defending him anymore.  Even Goodell who's just a shill of the owner's make negative statements about Snyder covering up the sexual harassment scandal.  Seems like Snyder is out of allies. 

• Like 1