Jason Wright: “We will be in a new venue in 2027.”

turtle28

As someone who lives in MD, I’d much prefer it be at the old RFK location than anywhere else. Pretty easily accessible via the Metro, and I don’t feel like having to (a) park at a stadium or (b) drive through/around DC and deal with all that mess. 

In fairness, I haven’t been to a game since they played Buffalo the week after Sean died, so they probably shouldn’t preoccupy themselves too much with my opinion 😂 But it always felt like it was so much easier to manage when all you had to do was get on the Metro at Shady Grove or Glenmont and then just follow the masses in B&G from there. 

EDIT: I guess now the masses would be in red and black.

Edited by e16bball

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Unreal. Living in Richmond this makes it easier for me to get to some of these and I still hate this idea with a passion. 

A waterfront stadium like the Wash Huskies would instantly give fans one of the best venues in the land.

Give me a stadium I can get to by boat. And Id go. So would numerous others. Cause more in the region have boats than RVs and such to tailgate from.

Ive been saying that from the start. Right now the Potomac is an obstacle to overcome when heading to a game from VA. When it could be used to benefit hugely, allow easier stadium access to fans and be part of every gameday experience.

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Growing up in Woodbridge and visiting Lake Ridge nearly every weekend to see my parents, the traffic going to a game would be horrific. You can’t go anywhere now in that area literally any time of the day so adding a stadium in the mix? Holy crap. 

Junkies were alluding to that earlier today too. Someone brought up the Metro and lane extensions should be in by then, but still, I don't think it would compensate for the problem it currently has and then would add. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Junkies were alluding to that earlier today too. Someone brought up the Metro and lane extensions should be in by then, but still, I don't think it would compensate for the problem it currently has and then would add. 

The area has been massively overpopulated. So going anywhere is a nightmare.