Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Johnson was Texas A&M's starting quarterback from 2008 to 2010, finishing his collegiate career ranked first in school history with 8,011 passing yards and 8,888 yards total offense. He is currently second in school history in passing yards, behind Kellen Mond and third in total offense behind Johnny Manziel and Kellen Mond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrod_Johnson

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

So for some background, is there anybody that could explain what the Elite 11 is?

Basically a competitive battleground for highschool QB's.  For context on who's been involved

2017 Elite 11 QB's: Justin Fields (MVP), Trevor Lawrence, Matt Corrall
2018 Elite 11 QB's: Spencer Rattler (MVP), Bo Nix, Taulia Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Graham Mertz

EVENT INFORMATION

Founded in 1999, the Elite 11 is the premier quarterback event in the nation, bringing together the nation’s top signal callers each offseason to compete and improve their skill set both on and off-the-field.

This spring, the Elite 11 is bringing the top-notch training and instruction that has been available for 20+ years to the nation’s top rising senior quarterbacks, and also making it accessible to younger quarterbacks driven to be their best at Elite 11 Academy.

For whatever reason, I seem to recall wanting the Vikings to draft Jerrod Johnson when he came out.  I may have put him in a mock or something, but I can't quite recall the particulars.  Of course, that was the Ponder draft.  I recall specifically wanting Jake Locker, but if they couldn't get him, get Jerrod later.