Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

Head coach should be hired after the Super Bowl. Of course nobody is officially signed yet. 

1. Who is linked to him that could join his staff?
  2. What type of defensive coach would you like to see? Veteran coaching staff? Young? 3-4, 4-3?
  3. What does you're possible dream staff look like under Kevin O'Connell?

Lets keep the rest of the staff talk here so we don't swamp the O'Connell thread for the casual viewership. We can make new threads for the coordinators when they are hired along with any big name position coaches. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Personally I'd like an ex head coach to coach up the defense.  Someone who still has the energy to keep up with game though

Considering both the GM and HC are young rookies, I would love a more experience AHC/DC that can really own the defense

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Any chance the team could try to get Graham/Morris to come in as the AHC/DC to pair with KOC? Or would that be too awkward? 

It sounds like Graham is headed back to the Giants; he'd have to be let out of his contract to come here anyway as he holds the AHC title already; I don't see why Morris would want to leave a Super Bowl caliber team, with a lot of defensive studs, for the same job with the Vikings.

• Like 1

Dream OC would be luring Mike McDaniel out of SF, if he doesn’t get the Miami job. 

Wes Phillips would probably be my top, realistic, OC option. TE coaches are vastly underrated for OC opportunities. 

As for DC, I’ll continue to pound the table for Kris Kocurek from SF. Obviously guys like Eric Henderson or Ejiro Evero are options from the Rams.

Ed Donatell has been brought up.

Jason Tarver, the Browns LB coach, crossed paths with O’Connell in San Francisco. 

32 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Links to the "Fangio/Staley" tree; I'd like to see him go big and bring in the trunk.  Vic Fangio would be a slam dunk, Ed Donnatel would be a watered down version.

I think Jim Harbaugh is actually at the very top of the Vic Fangio tree.  Maybe we could get him to come in and be our OC.

• Like 1