Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think that, normally, Koetter would be safe, provided he fired his defensive staff. 

The problem he has is that his job security is probably tied to Licht’s and, given the holes in the roster and the issues that just haven’t been addressed, there’s a good case not to resign him.

I think Licht probably gets offered a one year deal and both he and Koetter get a year to show improvement. If that doesn’t happen, I’d expect a house cleaning at the end of 2018.

Unless they take a huge risk on a HC who hasn’t coached in 10 seasons that we all seem to remember far more favourably than we actually should.

Koetter decided to set up his coaching structure where essentially he is the head coach of the offense.  So if Smith gets replaced, will this structure stay in place?  What confidence is there that he hires the right guy?

On offense, for 2 years they have not run the ball consistently.  However, the few times they have run the ball is with someone who was not the starter Koetter keeps going back to when healthy or available.  On oline was the Marpet move a total success?   How is that LG platoon working out?

IMO, the only chance Koetter has to save his job at this point is to get 2 division wins.  Easiest way to playoffs is winning the divsion.  Less then 2 wins is unacceptable.

Ownership needs a president of operations that needs to reassess the coaching staff and roster. Josh Freeman had the owners fooled and he got two regimes purged. 

I think the glazers need to hire someone and let them assess the staff and roster to see if koetter is the right man for the job. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well, Mr Dorsey which train wreck would you prefer?  ?  I expect Gettleman and Dorsey to garner quite a bit of interest over the next 5 weeks.  The Glazers work in stealth mode, so who knows who they have and have not contacted.  The only reason anyone knew about Chip Kelly was a leak from Oregon.  I do expect Licht s fate either way known on Black Monday.  It makes no sense from a business sense to let him twist in the wind past that time.  I expect the Glazers to give Licht that professional courtesy.

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That was really fast.

I  m sure Dorsey is getting top dollar.  I have a question, can Licht survive, but the coaching go?  I would think not, but a few things to ponder.  Lovie had control of the roster, so if he is working Lovie does he get bad marks for jettisoning Revis and Penn and that awful draft class.  Fast forward, Licht has control of the roster, but I doubt he will meddle that much in playing time.

Are Hargreaves and Smith his fault for them not be utilized properly?  I get dline in tbe draft, but everyone always stick to your draft booard and don't draft for need.  They needed a RB, but Barber has shown to be very capable when plays.  One can quibble on his day 3 selections, but when you hit on Humphreys, Brate,  and potentially Barber in UDFA that needs to be added to the draft record.  We all know the mistakes in the draft and free agency.  From a bottom line money standpoint, the cap is still in great shape because the free agency mistakes after Lovie dont have dead money attached.  

I still think he is probably gone, but out of the last three GMs by far his draft record is superior.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think I wanna keep Licht and bring in Patricia.

Yeah. This 2017 draft with 4 day 1-2 hits may save licht overall. 

I honestly think Patricia is the best option. But will he leave to come to Tampa? The joes on their podcast said that it may be a challenge to get the best option to Tampa. 

3 straight coaches lasted 2 years. That may not be appealing. Is Jamie's really an asset of a franchise qb? Most DCs love playing him Bc they can bait him into turnovers. And the division. Bucs are in the basement and the divisional rivals are all in playoff contention. It may not be appealing for a guy like Patricia to take over. 

That said I don't think we clean house 100%. I believe mike smith will be gone. 

Koetter and co or licht and co. My guess it's going to be the coaching staff. 

Patricia would be my first choice. We really need a good defensive mind with Newton, Ryan, and Brees in the division we HAVE to be able to contain them if we want to consistently compete. Last year we swept CAR and tied with ATL&NO but who knows if we win that MNF game if Cam is healthy. I say that say, go get some defensive minded coach who can turn us into a dominant unit. I honestly feel like even a sup par play caller could get the job done with Winston and the rest of the supporting cast. Just need to fix the OL in a couple spots and it'll be a complete in terms of scoring TD's. The defense has a long way to go into turning into a SB caliber type so I'm hoping for the next hire to be Patrica. Koetter is a Lovie Smith holdover and we should just start fresh again.

Archived