Mock Draft Simulator thread

Matts4313

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

REALLY?! I get the injury history but got damn he was so good. 

There are a lot of questions with him, beyond injuries. Just the nature of him falling to #24 makes me really nervous. Given the talent he showed early in his career, it’s hard to imagine that 23 teams say “no thank you”, unless the concerns are really hefty.

Maybe drafting Stingley would turn into a home run. But I’m not hoping to find out. I’d rather he be drafted in the top-23, the Cowboys roll with Joseph, and use their draft pick on the really good WRs or OGs that will be available.

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There are a lot of questions with him, beyond injuries. Just the nature of him falling to #24 makes me really nervous. Given the talent he showed early in his career, it’s hard to imagine that 23 teams say “no thank you”, unless the concerns are really hefty.

Maybe drafting Stingley would turn into a home run. But I’m not hoping to find out. I’d rather he be drafted in the top-23, the Cowboys roll with Joseph, and use their draft pick on the really good WRs or OGs that will be available.

This is where I'm at. 

Okay who do we trust the most for rankings of potential draft picks.  I’ve looked at three or four cbs si pff etc and they are all over the board.   Like the above mock has us drafting cross yet he was ranked top 10 on one list I looked at..   

1 minute ago, quiller said:

Okay who do we trust the most for rankings of potential draft picks.  I’ve looked at three or four cbs si pff etc and they are all over the board.   Like the above mock has us drafting cross yet he was ranked top 10 on one list I looked at..   

Month away. Trust nothing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

it’s kind of like BBQ. Yes you can go buy a pre made rub but the best rub is one you make yourself after trying a few things.

I like Kiper, Daniel Jeremiah, CBS, NFL, I always find value in our forum wide board decided by vote(it tends to be pretty accurate) I also use PFF grades but don’t really like their board. I hate Walter football, Bucky Brooks, and whoever posted that mock To7 just referred to. Hamilton is falling and he has him going #2, Ejabo just tore his Achilles but goes 14th overall? That’s a bunk mock. 

Best thing to do is look at all of them and make your own board. Also participate in the voting. We will be doing our mock draft contest this year which I believe @Texas_OutLaw7is our forums best mocker at this time. 

• Like 2

Thank you….   I’ve done a few mocks PFF and PFN.   Been interesting to say the least.  

my best I guess

1 LB Dean. Could not pass on this

2 edge Bonito. Value over need

3 T Diesch. Again value

4 G LSmith.  

I did a few passed on dean one time for Zion   But man what I saw after doing a few it will be hard to find a OL that is ready day 1 and a top quality WR. You go either or and if you don’t pick one in the first there is nothing that will be a huge upgrade after.    Mostly I ended up taking Diesch a lot in the third and highest rated edge in the second

My most common options for 1st was one of G Zion, LB Dean. C Linderbaum. And WR Olave  Burks or Dotson. I found two of the above were always available.  I really need to learn the WR to see who might I want in the 3rd or 4th. I think Bell was the best option I saw show up

Edited by quiller

Just did this mock on https://thedraftnetwork.com/

• 24. Chris Olave WR, Ohio State
  • 56. Travis Jones IDL, UConn
  • 88. Sam Williams EDGE, Ole Miss
  • 129. Chigoziem Okonkwo TE, Maryland
  • 155. Hassan Haskins RB, Michigan
  • 167. Dare Rosenthal OT, Kentucky
  • 176. Cade Mays IOL, Tennessee
  • 178. Damone Clark LB, LSU
  • 193. Isaac Taylor-Stuart CB, USC

I...actually don't hate this draft.

Our DL looks nice:
Williams - Osa - Jones - Dlaw

Our WR look nice:

Lamb - Gallup - Olave - Washington - Fehoko

We draft a stud at LBer to redshirt late. 

The obvious concern is:

1. We didn't draft the Punt God.

2. We drafted OL late.