Mock Draft Simulator thread

Matts4313

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Just a feeling Quinn takes over.

Over a guy that Jerry hinted at firing McCarthy for just a few months ago? Over a guy who has lived in the same neighborhood as Jerry for nearly 20 years? Goes to BBQs with? Is good friends with? 

Doubtful. I think its much more likely that our defense regresses. 

• Like 3

Cowboy site has their mocks up...   

Zion or Green seem popular and in my mind at the first pick a good choice...  one of them should be there.  IF Linderbaum is there do we take him instead....   

none of their second round pics were on my radar at all meaning they were huge stretches or I figured would be gone by then.    Most had the 1st WR going in the third, Bell or Robinson neither of these on my radar.... I did a mock draft taking Bell in third and YIKES gave me a D+ rating so that tells me its a reach also..  the one thing they did that I am in favor of is getting a kicker...  though I would wait tell 6th or 7th not the FIFTH....

My latest mock thus...

1 OL Zion 2 Edge Enagbare 3 WR Bell (ouch) 4 TE Calcaterra  5 T Tom 5 LB Mcfadden

5 WR Josh Johnson  6 S Woods.   

I am happy with this though yes Bell and Calcaterra were bad picks but we do need a WR and yes all the names on my list are gone by the second unless you want to reach for Tolbert...  and TE....  I guess I need to figure who's who there but there really isn't anything else that stands out by the 4th anyway.

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Don’t hold your breath on Linderbaum.

I was going to say, he is dropping like a stone. I think he’s out of the equation at 24, but might be a target at round 2. Imagine getting Zion in round 1 and Linderbaum in round 2.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I was going to say, he is dropping like a stone. I think he’s out of the equation at 24, but might be a target at round 2. Imagine getting Zion in round 1 and Linderbaum in round 2.

I would trade up to 32 for that 5th year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’d take it a step further. Linderbaum is out of the top 50 and it wouldn’t shock me if he’s sitting at 88 when our pick comes around. Lots of red flags popping up at this point. 

Edited by WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Smokescreens? 

Positional value
Scheme fit 
Less than ideal size
Terrible arm length
zero testing at combine and pro day
Rumors of medical issues

All a recipe for a significant fall. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan and I think the potential is there for him to be really good. The game film has obviously elite, but teams tend to be very finicky when it comes to draft evaluations. 

I’m curious to see how it plays out. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Positional value
Scheme fit 
Less than ideal size
Terrible arm length
zero testing at combine and pro day
Rumors of medical issues

All a recipe for a significant fall. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan and I think the potential is there for him to be really good. The game film has obviously elite, but teams tend to be very finicky when it comes to draft evaluations. 

I’m curious to see how it plays out. 

SMOKESCREENS!