Mock Draft Simulator thread

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Sign Trai Turner and OBJ and go into the draft with BPA on mind

Were in that weird phase of FA of "do you wait until June first or not" for comp pick purposes. 

I would sign both Landry and OBJ if the money is right. I know it didnt work in CLE, but we arent the Browns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Were in that weird phase of FA of "do you wait until June first or not" for comp pick purposes. 

I would sign both Landry and OBJ if the money is right. I know it didnt work in CLE, but we arent the Browns. 

If the guaranteed money is low, then, sure. This way, if we land a WR in the draft, then we can dump one. Or, if miss on a WR in the draft, then we can convert salary to bonus money and flatten out the cap impact. 

Trevor Penning is becoming my man crush in this draft.  Some concerns over the level of competition he faced at Northern Iowa but this young man plays with attitude with a capital A.  Very physical and aggressive.  Tone setter who I would love to have on my offensive line.

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

Trevor Penning is becoming my man crush in this draft.  Some concerns over the level of competition he faced at Northern Iowa but this young man plays with attitude with a capital A.  Very physical and aggressive.  Tone setter who I would love to have on my offensive line.

I hope you never complained about penalties on the offensive line last season. 

There’s a lot to like about Penning the potential LT of the future. But there’s a lot of risk there, too. He’ll be an older rookie, hasn’t faced great competition, is quite raw, tons of penalties, tape is very up-and-down.

The potential is probably worth the risk at #24. But proceed with caution.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I hope you never complained about penalties on the offensive line last season. 

There’s a lot to like about Penning the potential LT of the future. But there’s a lot of risk there, too. He’ll be an older rookie, hasn’t faced great competition, is quite raw, tons of penalties, tape is very up-and-down.

The potential is probably worth the risk at #24. But proceed with caution.

Definitely some concerns especially the level of competition.  However I love his attitude.  I see him starting out at RT.

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

Definitely some concerns especially the level of competition.  However I love his attitude.  I see him starting out at RT.

I’m sure that’s what they’d do, with the plan to have him eventually take over for Tyron.

I will be happy if he falls and they take him. But there are a lot of other scenarios I’d prefer.

One more pick to go. Here’s what I’ve got thus far. 

1(24) - Zion Johnson | OG | Boston College 
2(56) - Quay Walker | LB | Georgia 
3(88) - Greg Dulcich | TE | UCLA
4(129) - Kahlil Shakir | WR | Boise St.
5(155) - Alex Wright | DE | UAB 
5(167) - Tyler Allgeier | RB | BYU
5(176) - Cade Mays | OL | Tennessee 
5(178) - Akayleb Evans | CB | Missouri

Given the news regarding Joseph, I’d have taken Roger McCreary over Walker in rd 2. Couple of solid TEs still available too, so I might have gone elsewhere in rd 3. 

Edited by WizardHawk

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

One more pick to go. Here’s what I’ve got thus far. 

1(24) - Zion Johnson | OG | Boston College 
2(56) - Quay Walker | LB | Georgia 
3(88) - Greg Dulcich | TE | UCLA
4(129) - Kahlil Shakir | WR | Boise St.
5(155) - Alex Wright | DE | UAB 
5(167) - Tyler Allgeier | RB | BYU
5(176) - Cade Mays | OL | Tennessee 
5(178) - Akayleb Evans | CB | Missouri

Given the news regarding Joseph, I’d have taken Roger McCreary over Walker in rd 2. Couple of solid TEs still available too, so I might have gone elsewhere in rd 3. 

Really don’t think they’ll have interest in McCreary. He doesn’t fit the profile they’ve shown a preference for at all.