Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

3 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, it kills you that I might have the slightest insight as to what's going on at Lambeau. Never claimed to be some major insider. But I did give everyone here a list of 3 names they had preliminary interest in (M. Campbell, LaFleur, and D. Campbell) after McCarthy was fired and before they started conducting interviews. Campbell chose to take the payday from Iowa State before the Packers began interviews and the rest is history. You'd think that might mean I'd be given a greater than 1% chance of pinning down this whole charade too. I've already gotten the first part right even while there wasn't a single human saying it last summer when I told everyone here that Rodgers was going to stay with the Packers both for the season that just passed and beyond. And I'll be right again when Love is dealt while Rodgers is still playing in Green Bay.

I'll probably be right about a few things to come in the future too.

You named 3 guys who were high profile names as potential candidates.  Shocking.  Maybe you do know someone's ex-cousins who plays golf with the janitor, but you're going to need more then coincidences to convince anyone that you have any sauces.  Using logic doesn't mean you have sauces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Well it's exactly what took place in late 2018, early 2019 so yeah. Think back and remember how many people were throwing Matt LaFleur's name out there in December right after McCarthy was fired. It wasn't many.

LaFleur was a pretty well known name, because he fell out of the Shanny/McVay tree.  The results sure as hell weren't pretty, but what can you do with Marcus Mariota as your starting QB?

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Packers knew what Rodgers was up to with his leaks and were confident they'd get him to come around. They knew what he really wanted and have been giving it to him for the past 9 months. And they were right, it worked.

You mean a star players wants more say on the franchise?  That is truly groundbreaking stuff.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

so at best you're a blowhard with an ego

at worst you actually have information access and a complete lack of integrity and deep insecurity to the point where you'd share it on a public message board to make yourself feel good about "knowing" something while it's happening and surely against all policies in place that grants you access to such information

😬

Common Incog give it a rest.  Don't have to go to war.  AG is always prodding me.  Remember a time I was at the Bayside Tavern in Fish Creek Wi.  That's Door County if you don't know.  A couple of the Packers brass were at the bar.  They told me the Packers actually thought Rodgers was better than Favre.  Kind of shocking this was the summer of '08.  Sometimes you hear things doesn't mean you can't share them.  This is old news and has no bearing on anything whatsoever. I'll tell you Anonymous has been dead on about Rodgers from the start.  We'll see if Love gets traded.  That's the other prediction he made.  If Love is still a Packer after the draft I'm sure you'll be the first to jump on him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Interesting stuff.  They kept it pretty quiet.  Went back just to see what the media was saying.  Nothing really about Campbell.  Dan yes but not Matt.  Couple of guys here did mention MLF but gave him a luke warm response.  Chatter at the time about how bad TN offense sucked.  No one seemed particularly excited at the time he was hired either.  

I remember it the other way around.  Matt Campbell was the guy that many thought was angling for an NFL gig, which is why he never left Iowa State.  Dan Campbell was mentioned as a candidate, but never a real serious one.  IIRC, I thought it was LaFleur, Fitzgerald, and Matt Campbell as the 3 most discussed candidates.

I haven't shared anything that would compromise the Packers and sure as heck haven't shared everything I could have. Everything I've ever shared here were things that would eventually come out anyway. I'm in no position to hear anything that the Packers would keep in the inner circle. I haven't posted about trade or free agent pursuits though some would have certainly driven quite the conversation. Haven't said someone was being cut or fired before it was announced. Of the two things I shared here, the names at the top of their 2019 coaching search and the Rodgers situation from the Packers perspective, I was simply sharing based on the confidence level expressed to me. It wasn't guaranteed in either case but the people involved sure had a lot of confidence they'd get Rodgers to stay and they sure as heck expressed some strong feelings about certain candidates in the head coaching search. I'm a Packers fan first and foremost and enjoy talking to other diehards about them. It's impossible at times to not let some of the insights I'm aware of to bleed through. I take the things I'm aware of and combine them with my own logic. I'm not going to post that Rodgers is a goner when what I'm hearing is the opposite. I'm not going to say Love is going to be kept in the wings when multiple reasons are spelled out why he'll inevitably be traded. Saying who the Packers had atop their coaching list is certainly no crime. Plenty of sports writers compile the info and make educated guesses. What they gather and share doesn't compromise the Packers at all, nor do I.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I remember it the other way around.  Matt Campbell was the guy that many thought was angling for an NFL gig, which is why he never left Iowa State.  Dan Campbell was mentioned as a candidate, but never a real serious one.  IIRC, I thought it was LaFleur, Fitzgerald, and Matt Campbell as the 3 most discussed candidates.

Yah maybe hell I'm old can't remember sheet anymore.  Pulled up some media chatter from that time didn't see Matt Campbell listed anywhere really.  Maybe the guys here were discussing it.  Is much as we all ***** at each other guys around here are pretty well informed.  

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LaFleur was a pretty well known name, because he fell out of the Shanny/McVay tree.  The results sure as hell weren't pretty, but what can you do with Marcus Mariota as your starting QB?

He was a name on the periphery when I mentioned him here right after McCarthy's dismissal. He popped up in a few articles but by no means was a oft-mentioned top choice basically right up until he interviewed and was announced.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

He was a name on the periphery when I mentioned him here right after McCarthy's dismissal. He popped up in a few articles but by no means was a oft-mentioned top choice basically right up until he interviewed and was announced.

LaFleur was a pretty damn common candidate because of his connection to McVay and to a lesser extent Shanahan.  He was getting a HC gig somewhere that offseason.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You mean a star players wants more say on the franchise?  That is truly groundbreaking stuff.

Funny, no one here saw it so simply at the time. Just like these past few weeks, ESPN reports it and everyone here takes it as gospel. Rodgers was gone one way or another and there was no way to reconcile. Except the Packers knew they'd convince him and that's what I shared here with zero wavering for nearly a year until he agreed to sign the extension I said was coming. And the Love trade is coming next.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I haven't shared anything that would compromise the Packers and sure as heck haven't shared everything I could have. Everything I've ever shared here were things that would eventually come out anyway. I'm in no position to hear anything that the Packers would keep in the inner circle. I haven't posted about trade or free agent pursuits though some would have certainly driven quite the conversation. Haven't said someone was being cut or fired before it was announced. Of the two things I shared here, the names at the top of their 2019 coaching search and the Rodgers situation from the Packers perspective, I was simply sharing based on the confidence level expressed to me. It wasn't guaranteed in either case but the people involved sure had a lot of confidence they'd get Rodgers to stay and they sure as heck expressed some strong feelings about certain candidates in the head coaching search. I'm a Packers fan first and foremost and enjoy talking to other diehards about them. It's impossible at times to not let some of the insights I'm aware of to bleed through. I take the things I'm aware of and combine them with my own logic. I'm not going to post that Rodgers is a goner when what I'm hearing is the opposite. I'm not going to say Love is going to be kept in the wings when multiple reasons are spelled out why he'll inevitably be traded. Saying who the Packers had a top their coaching list is certainly no crime. Plenty of sports writers compile the info and make educated guesses. What they gather and sahre doesn't compromise the Packers at all, nor do I.

Right on keep on posting.  Enjoy your commentary.  We'll see about Love have no doubt the Packers would move him but the price has to be right.  Guys on Cheesehead were floating 2 2nds.  Don't think we'd get it but if that was the offer I'd jump.  Thinking a minimum of a 2 to get the conversation started.  The Packers are fully committed to Aaron of that it should be abundantly clear to all by now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LaFleur was a pretty damn common candidate because of his connection to McVay and to a lesser extent Shanahan.  He was getting a HC gig somewhere that offseason.

What's hilarious is that it should all be here in the forum, albeit many pages back. LaFleur's name was out there but I distinctly remember very little mention of him here or in Packers media in the early going. He was one of 3 on the list I shared right after McCarthy was fired. That was early December. LaFleur didn't get talked about much at all until a considerable time later.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Funny, no one here saw it so simply at the time. Just like these past few weeks, ESPN reports it and everyone here takes it as gospel. Rodgers was gone one way or another and there was no way to reconcile. Except the Packers knew they'd convince him and that's what I shared here with no wavering for nearly a year until he agreed to sign the extension I said was coming. And the Love trade is coming next.

I’m assuming the draft is when this happens. Do they have a set price they need to receive for him or is it just get rid of him to get rid of him?

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Funny, no one here saw it so simply at the time. Just like these past few weeks, ESPN reports it and everyone here takes it as gospel. Rodgers was gone one way or another and there was no way to reconcile. Except the Packers knew they'd convince him and that's what I shared here with zero wavering for nearly a year until he agreed to sign the extension I said was coming. And the Love trade is coming next.

It doesn't take a magic 8 ball to know that the Packers are probably shopping Love.  What's his price tag?

9 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

What's hilarious is that it should all be here in the forum, albeit many pages back. LaFleur's name was out there but I distinctly remember very little mention of him here or in Packers media in the early going. He was one of 3 on the list I shared right after McCarthy was fired. That was early December. LaFleur didn't get talked about much at all until a considerable time later.

There weren't any specifics immediately after McCarthy got fired, but there were names being thrown around like there is anytime a HC is fired.  Just because you were "first" to mention him as a candidate doesn't mean your an insider.