Aidan Hutchinson Going #1-Worst Case Scenario for the Lions?

Just Want A Title

On 3/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, Karnage84 said:

My point being is that he's a really good athlete but he's not the super freak (from what we can use to measure) that some other guys might be (compared to what I thought). Then throw in the concerns about him taking plays off, saying he's "going to do everything" at the combine and then walks off, etc. There are guys who should be much better pros based on skillset but they lack that drive/motivation. The NFL isn't the PAC-12. 

I wouldn't overthink it with Kayvon. He can play. This is the part of the year when teams outsmart themselves. Numerous top guys only do certain tests at the Combine. It seems like people are more bothered by why Kayvon decided not to do the other tests/drills than the fact that he didn't. Kid could have just lied, frankly.

TO ME... Thibs is that freak you like at end. He's got a great first step/length and really good speed. He's a longer/bigger version of Cliff Avril imo.

I'm just not impressed with him presonally. He seems like a quitter. He'll play top notch as long as everythings good and when the teams losing/struggling he seems like the type to clam up and disappear. IDK... That's just a feel based on his previous actions/style. Maybe he did indeed just wanna stay healthy though. I'm not in the FO to talk to the fella.

I can tell, physically, he's everything you want and look for in a pass rusher. Who's ever taking him, imo, has to figure out his drive between the ears and behind his eyes.

• Like 1

Th

13 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Jags just signed Guard Brandon Scherff after franchise tagging their LT. all signs point to them taking Hutch #1. 

That may not be the case.  Cam Robinson has been franchised two years in a row but he isn't exactly a dominant LT.  If they sign Scherff and take whoever they consider the best tackle prospect, then their O-line becomes really strong.  They could also be using the franchise tag as trade leverage.  Cam Robinson would be a huge upgrade for the Seahawks.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Th

That may not be the case.  Cam Robinson has been franchised two years in a row but he isn't exactly a dominant LT.  If they sign Scherff and take whoever they consider the best tackle prospect, then their O-line becomes really strong.  They could also be using the franchise tag as trade leverage.  Cam Robinson would be a huge upgrade for the Seahawks.

Agreed.  reading too much into this is pointless.  RT is a huge hole still and if they have the OTs that high they could easily take one at 1 still.  they also have Josh Allen who plays a similar role to Hutchinson and would be somewhat redundant so we could say that would point to them not drafting Hutch.  I don't think either things play a factor around it though.  If they have an OT #1 on their board, they will take them.   

• Like 1

Just had to look for a draft related thread for this. 

Leo Chenal is an absolute monster. Just looked at his pro day results to finish out his athletic profile.

• 40: 4.53 (90th percentile)
  • VJ: 40.5 (95%+ percentile) < This is the highest VJ that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • BP: 34 (95%+ percentile) < This is the highest BP that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • BJ: 128 Inches (95%+ percentile) < Max is 131, so he's not far off
  • SS: 3.94 < This is the highest BP that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • 3C: 6.84 (95%+ percentile)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Just had to look for a draft related thread for this. 

Leo Chenal is an absolute monster. Just looked at his pro day results to finish out his athletic profile.

• 40: 4.53 (90th percentile)
  • VJ: 40.5 (95%+ percentile) < This is the highest VJ that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • BP: 34 (95%+ percentile) < This is the highest BP that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • BJ: 128 Inches (95%+ percentile) < Max is 131, so he's not far off
  • SS: 3.94 < This is the highest BP that I have in my worksheet for ILB's of 225 guys since 2011
  • 3C: 6.84 (95%+ percentile)

He has been high on my list for a while.  He isn't going to cover, and probably makes a better 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 MLB or SLB but he has a lot of value.  The excel doc you have shows his PFF overall grade of 91, run stop of 94 and pass rush of 92 (side note you left him off the pass rush top 5 at the bottom).  If we miss on Hutch at 2, I am all about Chenal in a similar role at 32/34. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He has been high on my list for a while.  He isn't going to cover, and probably makes a better 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 MLB or SLB but he has a lot of value.  The excel doc you have shows his PFF overall grade of 91, run stop of 94 and pass rush of 92.  If we miss on Hutch at 2, I am all about Chenal in a similar role at 32/34. 

I have a feeling he's going to creep into round 1, somewhere in the 20's as a 3-4 OLB. What he lacks in coverage he should make up for as a plus pass rusher.