Circle of Jerks Mock Draft [Eagles pick 19, come vote]

Kiltman

With the 19th pick, The Philadelphia Eagles select…  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Choice (three points)

• Trent McDuffie, CB Washington
    • Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
    • Drake London, WR USC
    • Treylon Burks, WR Arkansas
    • Jameson Williams, WR Alabama
    • Chris Olave, WR Ohio State
    • Nakobe Dean, LB Georgia
    • Devin Lloyd, LB Utah
    • Kenyon Green, OL Texas A&M
    • Tyler Linderbaum, IOL Iowa
    • Daxton Hill, S Michigan
    • Jaquan Brisker, S Penn State
    • Other [Specify in a post]
  2. 2. 2nd Choice (two points)

• Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
    • Drake London, WR USC
    • Devin Lloyd, LB Utah
  3. 3. 3rd Choice (one point)

• Kaiir Elam, CB Florida
    • Drake London, WR USC
    • Devin Lloyd, LB Utah

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - OT Evan Neal
2. Detroit Lions - EDGE Aidan Hutchinson
3. Houston Texans - OT Ikem Ekwonu
4. New York Jets - EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux 
5. New York Giants - EDGE Travon Walker
6. Carolina Panthers - OT Charles Cross
7. New York Giants - CB Ahmad Gardner
8. Atlanta Falcons - S Kyle Hamilton
9. Seattle Seahawks - QB Malik Willis
10. New York Jets - CB Derek Stingley Jr.
11. Washington Commanders - QB Matt Corral
12. Minnesota Vikings - CB Andrew Booth Jr.
13. Cleveland Browns - WR Garret Wilson
14. Baltimore Ravens - DT Jordan Davis
15. Philadelphia Eagles - EDGE Jermaine Johnson
16. Philadelphia Eagles - EDGE David Ojabo
17. Los Angeles Chargers - DL Devonte Wyatt
18. New Orleans Saints - QB Sam Howell
19. Philadelphia Eagles -

1st choice - 3 points
2nd choice - 2 points
3rd choice - 1 point

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Lloyd, Dean, Elam - I think it's stupid we took two EDGE guys back to back, it's never going to happen. 

Yeah don’t love it

Sucks because I can’t see us going 3 defenders. Getting Williams or Burks here after Lloyd at #16 would’ve been an awesome draft.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Lloyd, Dean, Elam - I think it's stupid we took two EDGE guys back to back, it's never going to happen. 

While I don't disagree, they were both BPA.....

Also, i wouldn't be surprised if this was the scenario that one of those guys takes the Avery SAM LBer Rush LB role a la Anthony Barr in Minnesota.

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, i wouldn't be surprised if this was the scenario that one of those guys takes the Avery SAM LBer Rush LB role a la Anthony Barr in Minnesota.

It's still a "rush" role - there's no way we're taking two EDGE/RUSH players back to back in the first round. It makes no sense from a contract standpoint to pay two unproven guys who play the same (or in your scenario similar) positions. It's just stupid to me. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It's still a "rush" role - there's no way we're taking two EDGE/RUSH players back to back in the first round. It makes no sense from a contract standpoint to pay two unproven guys who play the same (or in your scenario similar) positions. It's just stupid to me. 

I am with you, but if they were to do it (which I would doubt) I would assume one of them plays a Linebacker role 

What's funny is that Ojabo was only the pick because of 6 3rd place votes giving him 20pts. Not Llyod and his 19pts combined from option 1 and 2. Devin had Zero 3rd place votes.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah don’t love it

Sucks because I can’t see us going 3 defenders. Getting Williams or Burks here after Lloyd at #16 would’ve been an awesome draft.

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah don’t love it

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like if Johnson and Ojabo both fall to us we have to seriously think about doubling up. 

We could put Ojabo in that Avery role as the stand up guy that is more in for designated pass rush his first year until he gets better versus the run and Johnson can take Barnett’s spot.

We did just pay Josh Sweat, but it’s not like it’s a ton of money and these guys would be on rookie contracts for 4 years and then have the 5th year option, so it’s not like you have to really start paying them until 2026 which would be for their 5th year options. Sweat will be a FA in 2025 which would be the last real year of their rookie deals, so it works out pretty well. I’m not too sure if the Eagles are gonna wanna pay Sweat a big contract when he’s next up with his knee and the contract probably going into his 30s, so it works out pretty well.

Not sure why we locked the 15 and 16 overall threads, but this is what I wrote in the 15th overall thread about taking Johnson and Ojabo.

There is no reason if we keep and make all 3 picks that 2 of them can’t be used to bolster the pass rush. Josh Sweat’s 3 year (40 million) contract doesn’t prevent that. Barnett is gone. Avery is gone. BG is coming back from an Achilles which is extremely tough especially for someone his age and a pass rusher at that who has to explode from a standstill.

Ojabo and Johnson were the best talents left at the most valuable position we would consider taking there. I’d much rather have them than Lloyd or Linderbaum who are really good prospects… no offense to them.

Good news is it sounds like Johnson is going top 10 and Ojabo  very well could be off the board before 15 too, so this isn’t really something we need to worry about lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What's funny is that Ojabo was only the pick because of 6 3rd place votes giving him 20pts. Not Llyod and his 19pts combined from option 1 and 2. Devin had Zero 3rd place votes.

Maybe you should’ve given him a 3rd place vote then? 🤔 

I gave Ojabo my 1st, 2nd and 3rd place votes. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There is no reason if we keep and make all 3 picks that 2 of them can’t be used to bolster the pass rush. Josh Sweat’s 3 year (40 million) contract doesn’t prevent that. Barnett is gone. Avery is gone. BG is coming back from an Achilles which is extremely tough especially for someone his age and a pass rusher at that who has to explode from a standstill.

This team has holes at WR, S, CB, iOL, and LB - all of which have a player available, maybe outside of safety, who you could consider BPA at 16. Doubling up on two defensive ends or rush players in that scenario is extremely stupid and is not something that is likely to happen. I think you guys had a good thing going with this mock idea but that just totally killed it for me. 

We'd have to sign a veteran before we considered doubling up on two unknowns at the same position - from a financial standpoint it just doesn't make sense to me. 

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good news is it sounds like Johnson is going top 10 and Ojabo  very well could be off the board before 15 too, so this isn’t really something we need to worry about lol.

I mean you're probably right but you never know - I still think we'll get a few QBs who go higher then expected and I think the WRs are going to go higher than expected which could cause them to fall. 

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This team has holes at WR, S, CB, iOL, and LB - all of which have a player available, maybe outside of safety, who you could consider BPA at 16. Doubling up on two defensive ends or rush players in that scenario is extremely stupid and is not something that is likely to happen. I think you guys had a good thing going with this mock idea but that just totally killed it for me. 

We'd have to sign a veteran before we considered doubling up on two unknowns at the same position - from a financial standpoint it just doesn't make sense to me. 

I mean you're probably right but you never know - I still think we'll get a few QBs who go higher then expected and I think the WRs are going to go higher than expected which could cause them to fall. 

Trust me I’m aware of our holes, but our biggest and most important hole is pass rush.

If Kelce is staying we can get a center to develop behind him on day 2 or early day 3 that could be really good. I’m not a big fan of Linderbaum in the first without a trade back, but that’s just me. I trust this team to evaluate and develop and there are guys that will be there later I like for us. I think the 3rd round is the sweet spot to take Kelce’s successor.

Lloyd while he’s a real good prospect takes on blocks like a safety and is an older prospect at like 23 or 24. After his first contract with the 5th year option he would be nearing 30. Not even sure the Eagles would want to pay him a second contract. There is also depth to this LB class to get someone later which is what the Eagles will more likely do.

Most of the FA edges don’t interest me and EDGE gets overpaid in FA based on positional importance. I don’t mind looking at FA, but it would have to be a solid value for us. 

We can address one of the safety spots with a starter in FA which is what I think we will do. It’s a pretty nice group. I hate to break it to you Remix, but the chances of this team going safety in the 1st round is pretty inconceivable just like linebacker. Only way I see it happening in the first is if Hamilton falls and they can’t pass up the value.

Your guys draft approach is short sighted and not taking into account what this franchise values. With that said, I think Ojabo is gonna be a beast at the next level, especially in 2 or 3 years which is when Josh Sweat would be scheduled to walk in FA and get us back a comp pick. You might not be as high on Ojabo as I am and that’s fine.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

it should go by quick after this pick, hopefully we can get it done before free agency starts.

I'd like to do it again, or have some of you guys do it too in after free agency. Reports look like they are going to sign a guy at SAM and try to get one of those top safeties. Maybe a vet WR too to be in the mix, Christian Kirk tier.

Speaking for myself I think it's fun to see just how off the rails of weird things can get because one team liked a guy you wouldn't have mocked them.
Like the dominoes of Icky at #3 or Charles Cross going at #6 loom large. Also with the Wentz move the Commies probably go CB instead.