2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Now that tweet by Rap regarding Washington not wanting to wait around for the Niners makes perfect sense. I knew they were overplaying their hand and trying to ask for too much. Absolutely INSANE what is going through their mind. No way in hell any team offered two 2nd rounders and it seems like their bluff has been called. The thing is, Don Yee can talk to other teams and let them know what is really going on. Not sure they thought this over fully. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Hope he goes to Indy, I could at least go watch a decent team play.. haven't been to a game since the Brissett Colts 😮💨

I'd guess Ryan is option A, Mayfield option B, Jimmy option C. So whatever happens with Ryan will hopefully clear some things up for the other two

I'm content with anything we receive at this point. I'm guessing highest we'll get is a 3rd

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'd guess Ryan is option A, Mayfield option B, Jimmy option C. So whatever happens with Ryan will hopefully clear some things up for the other two

I'm content with anything we receive at this point. I'm guessing highest we'll get is a 3rd

Don't know what you mean. We have multiple second round picks on the table already!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know what you mean. We have multiple second round picks on the table already!

IF it comes out that Washington was the team offering us that and we took too much time on giving them an answer, I will NEVER forgive this front office lol. Right away when Ian tweeted that, I just knew this team was trying to ask for too much and kept dragging the negotiations out. It's unreal how difficult this team can be in negotiations. Miss out on Mack/OBJ? No problem, Lynch will come out the next day and say he thought they had the best offer but the Raiders/Giants just didn't want to trade him to us lol.

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

IF it comes out that Washington was the team offering us that and we took too much time on giving them an answer, I will NEVER forgive this front office lol. Right away when Ian tweeted that, I just knew this team was trying to ask for too much and kept dragging the negotiations out. It's unreal how difficult this team can be in negotiations. Miss out on Mack/OBJ? No problem, Lynch will come out the next day and say he thought they had the best offer but the Raiders/Giants just didn't want to trade him to us lol.

I do think there's more to the story. Like you said in another post, its too easy for anyone to call us out if we had an obviously made up offer. For example, it could be that the team offering the two 2nd's was a team that Jimmy didn't want to go to. While his NTC expired in the 2022 league year, no team will trade for a QB who doesn't want to be there. So you both try to convince Jimmy to go to that team (Washington?) as well as use that offer as leverage for other teams. But then they move on and your value craters because Jimmy appeals to only a couple of teams (Commanders, Colts) so all Indy has to do is wait it out.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Obviously goes without saying, but there you go. 

Also, I find it interesting that the Saints have no re-signed Winston yet. Maybe he's not their top choice. 

Jimmy has always seemed like a great fit for NO.. The problem is whether or not they would want to extend him sight unseen. (Only way to get his cap # down, correct?) Reports are Jimmy would be ready to go before Winston anyway.

Edited by adamq

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Obviously goes without saying, but there you go. 

Also, I find it interesting that the Saints have no re-signed Winston yet. Maybe he's not their top choice. 

I told you, but I didn't totally buy those Winston to NO reports. For one, there is no guarantee he is even ready for the start of the season. I think those were leaked to lower the price for a target of theirs, whether it be Jimmy or Baker. 

I don't think Carolina will seriously consider Jimmy....I think it will be between Indy/NO or just flat out cutting him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Carolina will seriously consider Jimmy....I think it will be between Indy/NO or just flat out cutting him. 

Carolina has never made sense unless we are somehow taking back Darnold, imo (which is feasible in theory, and not something I'd wager that Shanny would be completely against). 

If I'm Carolina, you just have to punt it off at this point. Nothing is saving your season. 

Also, I find the phrasing "have been expected to" to be quite funny. That suggests that they haven't shown any real interest as of yet. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Carolina has never made sense unless we are somehow taking back Darnold, imo (which is feasible in theory, and not something I'd wager that Shanny would be completely against). 

If I'm Carolina, you just have to punt it off at this point. Nothing is saving your season. 

Also, I find the phrasing "have been expected to" to be quite funny. That suggests that they haven't shown any real interest as of yet. 

Well, we do know Carolina has at least talked to the FO regarding Jimmy...And I'm assuming so have NO. But both were in the Watson sweepstakes and now that he picked Cleveland, they probably believe that they will circle back to Jimmy. Will that happen? I don't know, but that's probably why it was phrased the way it is. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, we do know Carolina has at least talked to the FO regarding Jimmy...And I'm assuming so have NO. But both were in the Watson sweepstakes and now that he picked Cleveland, they probably believe that they will circle back to Jimmy. Will that happen? I don't know, but that's probably why it was phrased the way it is. 

Yeah, but if we believe the rumor that they talk, then we have to believe the rumor that they weren't all that interested as they were reported by the same dude lol 

I think Carolina is probably a leverage play more than anything (which is a good idea). 

Carolina also doesn't have a second round pick this year, so going to be pretty difficult for them to step into that conversation if there really is two seconds on the table as it is (which we all know isn't true, but is funny nonetheless) 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but if we believe the rumor that they talk, then we have to believe the rumor that they weren't all that interested as they were reported by the same dude lol 

I think Carolina is probably a leverage play more than anything (which is a good idea). 

Carolina also doesn't have a second round pick this year, so going to be pretty difficult for them to step into that conversation if there really is two seconds on the table as it is (which we all know isn't true, but is funny nonetheless) 

I'm not saying Carolina will be interested in him as I don't think that's a likely trade destination for Jimmy. But maybe Carolina told them that they will check in again after Watson makes his decision. NO and Indy are the teams that I can see being legitimately interested in Jimmy. If Winston didn't have any injury concerns? I think he would be close to a lock to return but again, there are questions if he will even be ready to go in week 1. That tells me he didn't have a regular ACL tear and there was something else going on there...Kind of like Bosa's ACL tear? That roster is very stacked and ready to win now. They have the cap space to trade for Jimmy and I'm sure they will extend him to lower the hit. 

We shall see if Indy is as interested in Mayfield as he is with them....I don't think Ryan gets traded so for Baker it comes down to Indy/SEA....For Jimmy, it comes down to Indy/NO. We should be getting some clarity soon as the top guys have already been traded or made their decision ala Watson and Rodgers. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We shall see if Indy is as interested in Mayfield as he is with them....I don't think Ryan gets traded so for Baker it comes down to Indy/SEA....For Jimmy, it comes down to Indy/NO. We should be getting some clarity soon as the top guys have already been traded or made their decision ala Watson and Rodgers. 

The Baker / Indy thing is so weird to me from the Indy perspective. He's just a younger Carson Wentz. It would be so weird to run Wentz out of town just to trade for Baker.