2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Baker / Indy thing is so weird to me from the Indy perspective. He's just a younger Carson Wentz. It would be so weird to run Wentz out of town just to trade for Baker. 

But most of the reports are that Indy is Baker's preference. Very little coming from Indy's side. That's why we need to see if the feelings are mutual or not. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Baker / Indy thing is so weird to me from the Indy perspective. He's just a younger Carson Wentz. It would be so weird to run Wentz out of town just to trade for Baker. 

Maybe Ryan ends up with the Colts and maybe Jimmy ends up in Atlanta…..he can run that offence. Or will The Falcons go into rebuild.

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Maybe Ryan ends up with the Colts and maybe Jimmy ends up in Atlanta…..he can run that offence. Or will The Falcons go into rebuild.

No real reason for Atlanta to go that route imo. They aren't winning now or in the immediate future. They are rebuilding. They shouldn't be giving up assets for a guy like Jimmy just to stopgap it for a while. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think what they need is a calming, handsome presence. An adult in the room who just wants to hang with the guys and will run whatever you call (as long as it doesn't involve throwing to the sidelines further than 5 yards downfield). A salt and pepper gridiron fox. A winner who wins. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I think what they need is a calming, handsome presence. An adult in the room who just wants to hang with the guys and will run whatever you call (as long as it doesn't involve throwing to the sidelines further than 5 yards downfield). A salt and pepper gridiron fox. A winner who wins. 

Man it’s almost like your talking about Jimmy G LOL.

Just now, Forge said:

LOL I hope that is true. 

This is when reporters get a report from the prior week and then forget about the current circumstances. I don't doubt Cleveland could have been interested in Jimmy had they moved Baker and didn't get Watson....But now that they have Watson, they have no need for Jimmy, especially when they already signed his back up a few days ago. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is when reporters get a report from the prior week and then forget about the current circumstances. I don't doubt Cleveland could have been interested in Jimmy had they moved Baker and didn't get Watson....But now that they have Watson, they have no need for Jimmy, especially when they already signed his back up a few days ago. 

But I really want to run with a QB room of Lance, Jimmy, Baker and Sudfeld

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

But I really want to run with a QB room of Lance, Jimmy, Baker and Sudfeld

I completely read the report wrong...I thought he said look out for Cleveland being suitors for Jimmy lol.

Um yeah, about Baker being traded here?

No From Me Dawg GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

I knew it @Forge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the reports were about Baker preferring to Colts but I thought it was weird that we never heard if the Colts were very interested in him or not. 

Indy is going to give it a big go at Ryan it seems. If they can't get him? Then Jimmy's two potential destinations will be Indy/NO.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I knew it @Forge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the reports were about Baker preferring to Colts but I thought it was weird that we never heard if the Colts were very interested in him or not. 

Indy is going to give it a big go at Ryan it seems. If they can't get him? Then Jimmy's two potential destinations will be Indy/NO.

I'm curious if the colts don't get something worked out for Ryan by 1 today if they will then turn and trade for Jimmy today.

These QB rumors are exhausting. 

Rumored to be in for Stafford last offseason. There were rumblings that the Pats wanted Jimmy G last March. The whole month of speculation. The rumors of us attempting to trade for Rodgers on draft day. Then the constant questions/rumors again. Will Jimmy or Lance start day 1? Jimmy is struggling/injured, will Lance start or get more snaps next week? Niners might trade for Brady or Rodgers in the 2022 offseason. The Niners have an offer of two 2nd rounders on the table. Oh yeah, and apparently they met with Watson and might have interest in Baker Mayfield 

Can't wait for next offseason after Lance is settled in as our QB and all we're discussing is who we'll draft with the 64th pick ;) 

• Like 2