Draft watch

Johnny Nix

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll never really be against getting better on the d-line or the o-line.  Barring a franchise QB starring us in the face, I'd be ok with taking one of those every year in round 1.  That said, it looks like WJ3 is going to be a stud.

If he carries his 2017 play over to a whole year, he should be first team all pro.  He was the best corner statistically in the NFL in 2017.  He just had limited PT.

Also, yes on DL too.  The DE's played well last year, but after Geno it's just a lot of meh.  I liked Glasgow and Pancakes (whatever his name is), but they were nothing special.

14 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I agree, if he's available.  But I would not be surprised if our 'guy' at OT is taken in Brown that we could take a guy like Vita...

I think they still like Billings. I think they are going to prioritize fixing the offensive side of the ball since it was so poor. I think the only way they do not go offensive line is if there is a run on the top guys 

12 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Come on guys, it's an even numbered year.  We are going to draft a CB.

xD

I would probably put CB as our second likely draft pick. I’ve crunched the numbers and here’s what I got.

1. OL - 75%

2. CB- 10%

3. DL- 7%

4. S- 5%

5. LB- 3%

Don’t ask me where I got the numbers 

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I would probably put CB as our second likely draft pick. I’ve crunched the numbers and here’s what I got.

1. OL - 75%

2. CB- 10%

3. DL- 7%

4. S- 5%

5. LB- 3%

Don’t ask me where I got the numbers 

Bottom of the fourth beer bottle you drank while contemplating?

3 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Listening to draft podcasts, a lot of people are not high on Brown at all and think he is Phil Loadholt all over again. 2nd round pick or later apparently 

Perfect.,  Give me Edmunds or Roquan in the first, then nab Brown in the second.  We took Andre Smith and Willie Anderson to be RTs too, which was totally against the grain back then (RTs weren't seen as that high of value).

Or better yet.  Trade our #12 pick and the comp third to Buffalo for their picks at #21 and 22 if a QB slips to that point that won't last another 10 picks.  Or give them McCarron and 12 I'm spit-balling as I type this) .  Take Price and Edmunds at 21/22 if both make it.  Then trade up in the second for Brown.

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm also seeing a lot of people thinking this is not a great tackle draft at the top, but pretty deep. We may be just as good with someone in the 2nd.

My worry is guys like Jamarco Jones will go late 1st, even though very few if any are talking about him right now.  Any Tackle not taken in the 1st will probably go early 2nd, as teams trade up to get their guy like the Jags did for Cam Robinson.  Meanwhile, we'll just sit until our pick with a lot of guys taken before we can get them...

Archived