Draft watch

Johnny Nix

54 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

It's freaking draft day y'all! I called off work to sit at home and watch Thai Kevin Costner movie 5 times. 

I like to call off the day after Day 1, so I can recover from the hangover I'll have after we take a CB tonight.

kidding guys, kidding...

35 minutes ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Browns actually going to take Baker?  Or is this smoke screening at it's finest?

Even the Browns can't be that stupid, pure smoke screen just to build the intrigue.  They want to be talked about, and foregone conclusions rarely get talked about.  It'll be Darnold.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

It's freaking draft day y'all! I called off work to sit at home and watch Thai Kevin Costner movie 5 times. 

Is the Costner movie any good?  Never seen it, but I generally like Costner movies and I like football, so....

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Even the Browns can't be that stupid, pure smoke screen just to build the intrigue.  They want to be talked about, and foregone conclusions rarely get talked about.  It'll be Darnold.

I actually think Baker Mayfield would be the best QB for them 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Is the Costner movie any good?  Never seen it, but I generally like Costner movies and I like football, so....

I did not like it, thought it had potential but was written by people who don't know football. And I am at work today for anyone who believes me too much. Although, if I were a Browns fan, I'd  probably be half in the bag already. I killer that they are probably going to draft a bust at 1 then still be able to trade a potentially better qb at 4 to another team. I'm calling Rosen to the Bills.

No thanks to Daniels. Price is there guy, if they want a guard, draft the best guard. I don't think they will though. There will be another tackle at some point I assume, but I think they are going forward with what they have otherwise. Now to spend all day looking at day 2 mocks.

I only want G in rd 2 if there is an instant starter there.  I'm happy with Fisher at RT assuming he is healthy, Boling has LG locked down, and one of Westerman, Hopkins, or Redmond can likely be serviceable at RG.  After that, I'd say no more IOL.  If Williams or Hernandez is there, then maybe pull the trigger.  Put Price at C and forget about that spot for at least the next 5 years.

The great part of getting Glenn and Price is that we have a lot of flexibility to take BPA now.  There honestly is no pressing need at any position.  So depending on who drops, we could take a DT, DE, LB, S, CB, RT, RG, WR, TE.  Just hope we don't take a RB or QB.  Although I did hear one rumor about us liking Nyheim Hines as early as round 2.  Intriguing explosive player so I won't be too mad...

Archived