Draft watch

Johnny Nix

I love darius Leonard... In the third.

if we don't double down on o-linemen, I could see either Jackson at CB  (LSU, Iowa).  I could also see GA LB Lorenzo Carter as a surprise pick.  He and Lawson could start a swing to more 3-4 looks, just to mix it up.

I loike a lot of LBs and DTs in the third on.

DT  Settle, PJ Hall, BJ Hill,  etc

LB  Leonard, warner, etc.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

So just looking ahead to 2019. Looks like a very talented DL draft. A few decent OTs. QBs are not so good next year, so for those hoping to replace Dalton if we bomb, might be SOL

DL talent galore.  I'm good with pairing someone up with Geno next season.  I have zero faith that Andrew Brown will be that guy, but I hope he proves me wrong.  His tape sucked, but he turned it on at the Senior bowl.  Let's hope that DL room or Geno, Dunlap, and MJ get him to put in work...

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

So just looking ahead to 2019. Looks like a very talented DL draft. A few decent OTs. QBs are not so good next year, so for those hoping to replace Dalton if we bomb, might be SOL

If we bomb I am going to be fully on the Baby Bosa train... Although, little Bosa isnt so little anymore. 

I'd say bosa will be out of our range. I have trouble seeing us being wise than last year and that was a seven win team. DT, linebacker and OT all look like early possibilities. Corner and DE if we are losing Dennard and Dunlap.

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

If Bosa is in our range, we should be taking a QB. 

Maybe. Seasons go sideways for different reasons, but likely if we are bad, Andy was bad. But, I'm not sure I see anyone in particular to get excited about next year.

I could see us being bad because Andy gets killed behind the O-line. We should have tried to add some talent at tackle in the draft. If Cordy Glenn's injuries recur or Fisher/Ogbuehi/Hart continue to suck at RT or nobody grabs the RG job, then what? It's hard to hide a weakness at multiple spots in the same position group. 

I could see us missing Burfict during his suspension and Eifert and Glenn getting hurt before he returns.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:01 PM, Beck Bristow said:

Maybe. Seasons go sideways for different reasons, but likely if we are bad, Andy was bad. But, I'm not sure I see anyone in particular to get excited about next year.

The kid from Missouri is intriguing. Big arm, and can move around in the pocket some. I'd want to see a big improvement on his 58% completion percentage. But the guy can make any throw. 

Archived