2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Unnecessary because people knew TJ was worth paying. Fans and media are split on DJ. 

That’s what makes a diva? Not actual real life actions or quoted words?Just arbitrary opinions on worth of Joe from Johnstown or the ‘Burgh media member that need clicks for their job?

I enjoy the contradictory nature of fandom. Same dudes knocking DJ as a diva want to trade everything to get Deebo Samuel….a guy hanging out with Dallas Cowboys at NBA playoff games while skipping OTAs. But, hey, as long as fans thinks he is worth it he isn’t a diva. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

That’s what makes a diva? Not actual real life actions or quoted words?Just arbitrary opinions on worth of Joe from Johnstown or the ‘Burgh media member that need clicks for their job?

I enjoy the contradictory nature of fandom. Same dudes knocking DJ as a diva want to trade everything to get Deebo Samuel….a guy hanging out with Dallas Cowboys at NBA playoff games while skipping OTAs. But, hey, as long as fans thinks he is worth it he isn’t a diva. 

Its a massive stretch, and just downright incorrect (at this point anyway) to label Dionte as a "diva"....but I would still trade him in a heartbeat if we could get a 2nd for him.     I dont think being sour about contract status makes a player a diva like some people do, though.   My issue with him is purely about his game...not his personality.

Then again, I didnt initially consider LeVeon a diva when he held out, until he started making silly rap videos and running his mouth....so that stuff can change pretty quick.  :/

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Diva is your word not mine. 

But again the pure difference in reaction is people agreed TJ was worth top defensive player money. There’s a big rift in what DJs value is, hence why it’s a talking point. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I love DJ and hope we re-sign him but he has shown some diva tendencies on the field. Pouting after drops, frustration penalties that kill the team, and fighting on the sidelines. I don’t remember which game but Cam lost it because DJ instigated a fight on the sideline after the play at a crucial spot in the game. 

Also, I have seen him get into it with fans on twitter. All stuff I can live with and minor in comparison to Deebo but I think it’s fair to say DJ has shown some diva tendencies. 

13 hours ago, August4th said:

outside of the quarterbacks, who are you most interested in hearing about or seeing during TC/preseason?

I wanna see how Leal fits in.  I think he's a player but my GUT tells me he's gonna be another experiment that doesn't work out.  Which is to bad because if used correctly I think he could be a hellava player. 

Best of luck to him in whatever he chooses to do in the future. None of us know how we'd react to something like what happened to Tuitt, just hope he has come to terms with it and can honour his brothers name in whatever he does.

Edited by BradfordSteeler

Akeem Hicks just signed with someone yesterday too (Tampa I think) and would have been a great pickup. 

Sheldon Richardson, Larry Ogunobi, Ndomikung Suh are all available. 

Eddie Goldman and Brandon Williams are there for NT and slide Alualu to Tuitts old spot on base fronts for a really stout run D. 

I don’t think Wormley is starter material and Loudermilk and Leal aren’t ready for main snaps like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Akeem Hicks just signed with someone yesterday too (Tampa I think) and would have been a great pickup. 

Sheldon Richardson, Larry Ogunobi, Ndomikung Suh are all available. 

Eddie Goldman and Brandon Williams are there for NT and slide Alualu to Tuitts old spot on base fronts for a really stout run D. 

I don’t think Wormley is starter material and Loudermilk and Leal aren’t ready for main snaps like that. 

I was thinking Goldman and Alualu to DE. I think that helps with NT depth atleast.

That stinks about Tuitt. Especially with Hicks just signing. I think we might take a swing at adding another DE. I’ll feel a lot less comfortable going into the season with Wormely as the starter. Unless he’s gotten a whole lot better. He’d be serviceable as long as Alualu is healthy, but just serviceable.