2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Should I refer to him as Anthony LeBeau? 😇

Wallace ran a 4.63 at the combine so I would not have him man up anyone if I could help it.  THey still need a CB#1

I always thought it was weird that the site still blocks that one lol

I'm in agreement about the second thing. I'm not super negative about Sutton or Wallace, but starting those two guys outside seems like a recipe for disaster. Bills fans did say that Wallace held his own when White went out last year, but I wouldn't count on him being a lockdown guy all year long. I'd feel a lot better with Witherspoon added. 

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

Ben ruined his value, I think he can still put up numbers when let to run a route more then 1 yard 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat for a reasonable deal, get rid of Johnson and his I want 17 a year

Ben didnt help his value, but he didnt ruin it.

Juju was likely never as good as he looked early on.    He played on a team that had an elite all time talent at WR pulling the best corners and double coverage, and a QB that could still sling it.

Im not saying Juju isnt/wasnt good at all, but regardless of Ben, Juju struggles with getting separation, especially good corners.     As much as Ben sucked, over the last few years, our receivers havent been that impressive.      Despite the talent that Juju, DJ and Claypool appear to have, none of them can consistently get open.    Part of that may have something to do with coaching, and while Ben didnt do his receivers any favors, they didnt do him a ton either.

I would take Juju back and look to trade DJ or Claypool, then draft someone.     But I dont really want all 3 back next year.     I think they all have SOMETHING to offer, but collectively its just not a great group.   Just a collection of decent 2 and 3 caliber guys that suffer with various inconsistencies.

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im not saying Juju isnt/wasnt good at all, but regardless of Ben, Juju struggles with getting separation, especially good corners.     As much as Ben sucked, over the last few years, our receivers havent been that impressive.      Despite the talent that Juju, DJ and Claypool appear to have, none of them can consistently get open. 

I look at that as less of a individual player problem and more a collection of players problem. 

• Like 1

So, according to Aditi Kinhabwala the Steelers intend to bring in at least 1 more QB, in addition to Trubisky this offseason.

However she also stated that, supposedly, after meeting with them and observing them, the Steelers do not view any of this year's QBs as a franchise QB. That they want to build around a the 'ideal' QB and then get their QB next year.

Idk if Colbert/Tomlin have actually said those things or if it is her belief, but she did allude to the idea that the bit about adding a 4th QB came from them. Also, she kind of seemed to be suggesting there is a real chance Rudolph doesn't make the final roster.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I would not be surprised if claypool gets traded. I've heard that they are disappointed in how he acts. I can see them drafting a speed guy like the WR from PSU and than trading claypool for mid-rd pick during the draft

If we cant get a 3rd or at least an early 4th for Claypool, I wouldnt trade him this year.     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

So, according to Aditi Kinhabwala the Steelers intend to bring in at least 1 more QB, in addition to Trubisky this offseason.

However she also stated that, supposedly, after meeting with them and observing them, the Steelers do not view any of this year's QBs as a franchise QB. That they want to build around a the 'ideal' QB and then get their QB next year.

Idk if Colbert/Tomlin have actually said those things or if it is her belief, but she did allude to the idea that the bit about adding a 4th QB came from them. Also, she kind of seemed to be suggesting there is a real chance Rudolph doesn't make the final roster.

I dont trust her at all.    She makes **** up and then backpedals.      She has been wrong so many times.

She fits right in with Pittsburgh sports media.

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

If we cant get a 3rd or at least an early 4th for Claypool, I wouldnt trade him this year.     

I agree. I still think he has a lot of potential to blossom in the right offense and he's still young. I would want a 3rd for him

Just now, August4th said:

I agree. I still think he has a lot of potential to blossom in the right offense and he's still young. I would want a 3rd for him

Yeah.   Even if he didnt have a great season this year....he is still very very likely going to give us more than any 5th rd or later WR would give us in 2022.      If he sucks this year....trade him for a late round pick next year.

2 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Ben ruined his value, I think he can still put up numbers when let to run a route more then 1 yard 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat for a reasonable deal, get rid of Johnson and his I want 17 a year

Did he actually say this?

As far as Juju, I think he is much better than people are giving him credit for but Ben wasn't capable of getting the ball to him consistently. I agree he isnt a #1 but he is our most reliable #2. If you're gonna give him or DJ a big contract it would be Juju without blinking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As of right now I don’t think they are scheduled to be at any of the QBs pro days and they had very few combine official meets. 

I’ve got an eye on Nkobe Dean from Georgia. Haven’t picked up Bush’s option, haven’t signed or been linked to LB, and are sitting on the weakest unit of the defense. Just screams going there in the draft. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

As of right now I don’t think they are scheduled to be at any of the QBs pro days and they had very few combine official meets. 

I’ve got an eye on Nkobe Dean from Georgia. Haven’t picked up Bush’s option, haven’t signed or been linked to LB, and are sitting on the weakest unit of the defense. Just screams going there in the draft. 

I think Nakobe Dean is gonna be a great NFL LB, I'm down.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Did he actually say this?

As far as Juju, I think he is much better than people are giving him credit for but Ben wasn't capable of getting the ball to him consistently. I agree he isnt a #1 but he is our most reliable #2. If you're gonna give him or DJ a big contract it would be Juju without blinking.

Pretty sure DJ never said that.     I think thats speculation based on what others have been saying due to contracts we have seen guys like Christian Kirk and a few others get.

Why give either a big contract when neither deserve it?    

Again, you can blame Ben for Juju, and Im not saying it didnt hurt, but objectively, Juju is a limited player.  He has his strengths, but he has held himself back as well.      Im not totally against keeping him, but it better be a very reasonable deal....and if we do that, I really hope we trade one of the other two.