2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

So with Juju, Washington and Ray Ray all signing with different teams, what are our options?

I think its extremely evident we go WR in the first 3 rounds, but I cant see us not adding someone.

There arent many quality young options.   We could potentially add an aging vet for a year.   Someone like TY Hilton or DeSean Jackson could be decent stop gaps.   Or we could wait until after the draft and hope someone decent is cut.

Thoughts?

I don't see how WR isn't our 1st round pick. Honestly. I get it's a deep draft but we need an elite talent at the position.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I don't see how WR isn't our 1st round pick. Honestly. I get it's a deep draft but we need an elite talent at the position.

There is no elite WR talent in this draft.

Even if there was, we wouldnt get it at 20.

Im pretty strongly against any WR at 20.    Unless we trade down, I wouldnt draft one in the first round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

There is no elite WR talent in this draft.

Even if there was, we wouldnt get it at 20.

Im pretty strongly against any WR at 20.    Unless we trade down, I wouldnt draft one in the first round.

You easily could have Burks, he will end up being elite and he could be there for you at 20 because of his combine, also you can gamble on Jamison Williams who was supposed to be the best WR in this draft pre injury.

• Like 2

Jameson Williams is going to be a really good one. Great route runner, great hands, good size, burner speed. He could probably come on for the stretch run this year. If not, he’s good to go in year 2. He’d be like Diontae Johnson if he could catch and was the fastest dude on the field. I really like the idea of taking him at 20. 

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You easily could have Burks, he will end up being elite and he could be there for you at 20 because of his combine, also you can gamble on Jamison Williams who was supposed to be the best WR in this draft pre injury.

Im just not typically big on WR in rd 1 unless its a special player and/or the team doesnt have many holes.   Id much rather see us go DL, DB or even OT, depending how the draft falls.

• Like 2

So apparently Jujus 10.75M 1 year contract is actually 3M with the other 7.75M being incentives that are being speculated to be NLTBE incentives, which means that 7.75M wouldn't get paid out or count against KCs cap until 2023. 

That in itself suggests Pittsburgh didn't even attempt, despite reports, to bring back OR Juju has 0 interest in playing on a team with Mitchell Trubisky as the QB. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

So apparently Jujus 10.75M 1 year contract is actually 3M with the other 7.75M being incentives that are being speculated to be NLTBE incentives, which means that 7.75M wouldn't get paid out or count against KCs cap until 2023. 

That in itself suggests Pittsburgh didn't even attempt, despite reports, to bring back OR Juju has 0 interest in playing on a team with Mitchell Trubisky as the QB. 

If I had to guess I think JuJu was ready for a change of scenery. It’s probably what’s best for him if we’re being honest. It will definitely sting watching him catch 10+ TDs from Mahomes next year though.

I think we draft WR top 3 rounds at worst and also bring in a FA as well. The thing is, the WR market is kinda bare for receivers 27 and younger, which seems to be their cutoff for bringing in outside free agents.

I wouldn’t be mad if they go with a WR at 20 to secure the guy thats on the top of their board. Then go DL in the 2nd round.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think he knew he made a mistake coming back last year. He took less to play with us. Now he’s actually banking on having a good season. Why would anyone choose us over Mahomes, and better yet, why would anyone choose us twice over Mahomes? Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he knew he made a mistake coming back last year. He took less to play with us. Now he’s actually banking on having a good season. Why would anyone choose us over Mahomes, and better yet, why would anyone choose us twice over Mahomes? Lol

I think he will have a great season in that offense, then some other team will pay him 20m a year to be THE guy, and regret it.

KC is a perfect situation.    Wherever he goes next probably won't be.

I wouldn't at all be mad to double dip on WR this year , I want no parts of paying DJ or claypool

1st - olave , Williamson, Burks 

2nd - sky Moore, Watson 

3rd - Pickens 

4th - Clemson guy, Boise state guy 

Sky Moore is the obvious choice with all the connections

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So, I got my negative feelings out.

I got to thinking, what are your guys' thoughts on bringing in Byron Pringle as a slot receiver? Idk if it's someone we are even looking at but I think he could be a solid addition.

It would give us a below average outside WR (DJ) and 3 slot guys (Pringle, Claypool, Muth)

Pretty sure Pringle signed with the Bears already 

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

below average outside WR (DJ)

Man, I get you guys are down on him. But below average? Absolutely not. 

Edited by Dcash4

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Pretty sure Pringle signed with the Bears already 

Man, I get you guys are down on him. But below average? Absolutely not. 

Yea…a below average WR doesn’t posts DJs stats with the state of the 2021 Steelers offense.

• Like 1