Jets sign G Laken Tomlinson (3 years, $40M, $27M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Zack Martin is underpaid at this point. Have no idea why dude took a 6 year contract... bad business.

Same thing with Tyron Smith and that 8 year deal he signed with Dallas too.

I mean they are great contracts from the Cowboys viewpoint, but both weren't the best for those guys maximizing their money.

Market's going to get reset next year anyway.  2022 is Quinton Nelson's 5th-year-option season and he's been an All-Pro all of his first 4 seasons.  I won't be shocked to see him at least crack $15m (more if he hits the open market). particularly since his RB is also just shifting into 3rd gear on his breakout.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Jets are adding to an already beastly O-line for Wilson.  Now they can go after some elite WR talent in the draft.  Nice move.

Last season our biggest issue on the OL was Van Roten, he was a liability and would ruin our run plays and ruin pass plays. Tomlinson will be a MASSIVE upgrade over that.   When Van Roten was replaced by LDT our run game got much better. I think we could have an excellent rushing attack next season to help WIlson out. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Would love going after WR's Drake London or Garrett Wilson #10 overall of the 1st round.

We haven't drafted a 1st round WR since dating back to Keyshawn Johnson of 1996 and Santana Moss of 2001 of 21/26 years ago; it's been far too long. 

And then go after TE Trey McBride @ either 36th or 38th overall (2nd round). 

Did Keyshawn live up to that #1 selection?  I can't really remember how good he was.  I have just never liked his personality because he always struck me as being kind of a crybaby.

Man, I sure wish the Jags were in position to get a receiver like London or Wilson.  I'm holding out hope for Jahan Dotson.  The ultimate dream is would be a trade up from #33 for Jameson Williams if he falls into the 20's.  I don't think that will happen though. 

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Jets gonna Jets

Lets be real, this was a good move. The Jets coaching staff had first hand knowledge of Tomlinson, they know better than some forum posters. The Jets signed Damien Woody a guard, made him a RT and it worked out great. That is a bigger move than playing LG or RG.  The Jets have been a much more competently ran organization since they changed the entire front office, so no. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Jets coaching staff had first hand knowledge of Tomlinson, they know better than some forum posters. 

This is always the lamest thing to say. 

I liked the move. Think they force him into RG where he was only decent in Jacksonville, or have AVT go there?

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Yin-Yang said:

This is always the lamest thing to say. 

I liked the move. Think they force him into RG where he was only decent in Jacksonville, or have AVT go there?

Jacksonville? Tomlinson never played for Jacksonville.

Big time upgrade for our O-Line. 

Laken Tomlinson (LG) and Alijah Vera-Tucker (RG) will create for an NFL top 5 Guard-Duo. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Market's going to get reset next year anyway.  2022 is Quinton Nelson's 5th-year-option season and he's been an All-Pro all of his first 4 seasons.  I won't be shocked to see him at least crack $15m (more if he hits the open market). particularly since his RB is also just shifting into 3rd gear on his breakout.

I'd say $17M is where he settles, market increase, cap going up, bet that in 3 years you got a discount on your can't miss HoF guard by "overpaying" early.

• 2 weeks later...