Jets sign G Laken Tomlinson (3 years, $40M, $27M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Curious about the money. After Cappa got 10, i have to assume he's getting closer to 11. 

Makes sense given his familiarity with the staff. 

What an incredible trade that turned out to be. Absolute warrior, very solid guard  since acquired 

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Dang.  He seemed like a perfect fit for Miami, given his familiarity with what McD will be asking his guards to do.

Miami was my thought as well, but obviously he's got the familiarity with the Jets staff as well. 

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What's the lowdown on Becton? Wasn't he supposed to be a borderline prodigal OL talent during his rookie season? Bad work ethic or...?

He got injured week 1 and missed the entire season last year but during his Rookie season he was an absolute beast and earned nicknames from our NY fan base such as 'The Big Ticket', 'Highway 77' and 'Mt.Becton'.

And this Offseason he's in the best physical condition that he's ever been in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Hmm.  A bit more than I thought he'd get as well.  That's almost Zack Martin money.  

Zack Martin is underpaid at this point. Have no idea why dude took a 6 year contract... bad business.

Same thing with Tyron Smith and that 8 year deal he signed with Dallas too.

I mean they are great contracts from the Cowboys viewpoint, but both weren't the best for those guys maximizing their money.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He got injured week 1 and missed the entire season last year but during his Rookie season he was an absolute beast and earned nicknames from our NY fan base such as 'The Big Ticket', 'Highway 77' and 'Mt.Becton'.

And this Offseason he's in the best physical condition that he's ever been in. 

For some reason, I thought I'd heard negative chatter about Becton. Maybe it was just typical NY gossip.