Commanders resign Bobby McCain 2 yrs $11 mill

MikeT14

I had actually typed up a post that said “Andddd cue up the reactionary Bobby McCain signing…” after the social media reaction to their inactivity started to turn  more angry after they let McKissic walk. They’re quite predictable. 

I don’t love it, don’t hate it. They seemed to like him, and he seemed to play a bit better after having some time to gel with the rest of the secondary. Hope they can make it work.

He was largely atrocious this past season. I'm not going to mince words. This re-signing is not my favorite thing. 

Essentially removes us from the Tyrann Mathieu market. 

Hopefully they pursue Bobby Wagner hard still since he wont count towards the compensation calculator.

If Bobby McCain and William Jackson don't make huge strides Year 2 here, the whole F.O. needs to be fired. 

Year 1 saw good pickups from guys needing a 2nd chance. Year 2 was completely the opposite. Jackson and McCain were terrible signings. The worst one however was Curtis Samuel who barely played and provided us nothing in return for his high cap number.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This board has gotten wild where I feel like I've been playing good cop from my past. I'm uncomfortable. 

This is where I'm at.  I mean I'm critical of this organization when I see something that needs to be criticized, but if you don't crap on every move they make the second they make it you're in the minority here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

All 16 games? The 2nd half? I watched different games I suppose.

Yes all 16 games. He was constantly out of place and accounted for more blown coverages than anyone not named Landon Collins.

He never seemed to find his footing here, IMO. He is not someone I would trust as my "centerfielder". But clearly they chose that route over the alternatives.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

This is where I'm at.  I mean I'm critical of this organization when I see something that needs to be criticized, but if you don't crap on every move they make the second they make it you're in the minority here. 

I don't usually poo poo on a lot of things, but this one confuses me. 

What they saw to make them want to invest 5.5M/year for him is beyond me. The safety market may be getting more money than they used to, but I dont think the value is here for this one.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Yes all 16 games. He was constantly out of place and accounted for more blown coverages than anyone not named Landon Collins.

He never seemed to find his footing here, IMO. He is not someone I would trust as my "centerfielder". But clearly they chose that route of the alternatives.

I agree with ya.

If we're rolling with Cam Curl & McCain as our Safeties?

Then Kyle Hamilton is truly my #1 target in the 1st Rd.