Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

It started with hiring Urban and baalke.   Urban had 0 business being named an NFL HC.  

About Baalke.

While I think those edges at the top of the draft are worth top 5 selections, I would’ve gotten talent to be on field with my QB considering how Trevor played last season.

Edited by MD4L
on

Just now, LinderFournette said:

It started with hiring Urban and baalke.   Urban had 0 business being named an NFL HC.  

Coughlin was pretty outdated on his return too so it's not like they were cooking with fire and just suddenly started messing up.

I remember Jaguars with stout DTs with Fred Taylor and MJD giving it to the Steelers in the playoffs, and more recently that sick defense almost carrying Bortles to the big game. Aside from those two moments (better than what I've gotten recently as a Raiders fan) ya'll been as incompetant as the rest of us frequent top 10 picking teams lol.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

That was a combo I wanted and bring in spielman as like the vice president role coughlin held

Leftwich and Spielman had SB upside. I am excited to see Spielman potentially get another swing. 

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Coughlin was pretty outdated on his return too so it's not like they were cooking with fire and just suddenly started messing up.

I remember Jaguars with stout DTs with Fred Taylor and MJD giving it to the Steelers in the playoffs, and more recently that sick defense almost carrying Bortles to the big game. Aside from those two moments (better than what I've gotten recently as a Raiders fan) ya'll been as incompetant as the rest of us frequent top 10 picking teams lol.

The mistakes started at hiring coughlin but the worst move the jags have made is the ownership change.  

We were respectable under the weavers and khan just seems incompetent and probably a bit delusional

• Like 1

Even beyond the usual tropes about college coaches not being able to out-talent or out-recruit at the NFL level, my understanding was that the Jaguars had a hostile work environment that segued to front office decisions… how did anyone conclude Urban Meyer was the man to lead that charge?  Everywhere he’s gone has been a cesspool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Even beyond the usual tropes about college coaches not being able to out-talent or out-recruit at the NFL level, my understanding was that the Jaguars had a hostile work environment that segued to front office decisions… how did anyone conclude Urban Meyer was the man to lead that charge?  Everywhere he’s gone has been a cesspool.

Some teams build around the QBs. Others get folks like Meyer and build around him. Until last year, Meyer was known as a winner in that area of Florida. He got so much leeway he was able to bring Tebow to the 90 man roster. That’s leverage.