Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Ruskin made the bizz bowl final with Ricky Wagner playing G against Singapore who had Aaron Donald. I’ve never forgotten how I brought up every single god damn playoff game how that won’t work and no one gave a ****. I’m not letting that be a trend in BDL

I had to play Wirfs at LT for a game and got crushed for it.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Good. From now on I’ll continue to crush you for it as I will literally every single out of position linemen 

For me personally, I wouldn't ding someone for Sewell or Wills playing either side, but I would expect to get dinged if I tried to play Kolton at RT and crushed if I tried to slide him to OG.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

For me personally, I wouldn't ding someone for Sewell or Wills playing either side, but I would expect to get dinged if I tried to play Kolton at RT and crushed if I tried to slide him to OG.

Also a good point. Miller's definitely made to play tackle so his translation inside would be worse than say Jonah Williams.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:34 PM, bcb1213 said:

PFF is great for the offensive and defensive lines. Good if you have corners from a man heavy scheme. The rest is pretty hit or miss as there's a lot of scheme dependant things they don't take into account 

:)

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I honestly dont think we are that far off in how we view it.

I believe if a dude plays offensive tackle he’s eligible to play offensive tackle. If a dude is a CB he’s eligible to play CB. If a dude is an offensive tackle he’s NOT eligible to play offensive guard. If a dudes a CB he’s NOT eligible to play S. I do not feel as though people share my interpretation even though this is the standard of fantasy leagues everywhere 

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Do you guys grade down if a team plays a player out of position?
a) Play a LT at RT
b) Play a T at G
c) Play a CB at S
d) Play a S at nickel
e) Whatever team picked Zeke said something about Zeke at FB when their other RB gets snaps

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

B and C absolutely. Playing a T at G is one of my biggest BDL pet peeves.

A is fine for the most part

The disparity in this amuses me.

On one hand you’re comfortable with him handling a position he doesn’t play. It’s still an adjustment kick-sliding the opposite direction. And visually.

On the other you aren’t comfortable with him moving to a position frequently considered easier to adjust to. By that I mean plenty of T prospects get moved to G because they presumably don’t have the feet to stay outside. 

Now if someone was trying Guards at Tackle, fully understand serious criticism. Me personally it will be case by case. I maybe downgrade a Tackle at G by about 10-20% if I’ve never actually seen him play it. 

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

The disparity in this amuses me.

On one hand you’re comfortable with him handling a position he doesn’t play. It’s still an adjustment kick-sliding the opposite direction. And visually.

On the other you aren’t comfortable with him moving to a position frequently considered easier to adjust to. By that I mean plenty of T prospects get moved to G because they presumably don’t have the feet to stay outside. 

Now if someone was trying Guards at Tackle, fully understand serious criticism. Me personally it will be case by case. I maybe downgrade a Tackle at G by about 10-20% if I’ve never actually seen him play it. 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I believe if a dude plays offensive tackle he’s eligible to play offensive tackle. If a dude is a CB he’s eligible to play CB. If a dude is an offensive tackle he’s NOT eligible to play offensive guard. If a dudes a CB he’s NOT eligible to play S. I do not feel as though people share my interpretation even though this is the standard of fantasy leagues everywhere