Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, if it’s true I don’t care what her motives are tbh.

I mean, why come forward initially?  People don’t believe he’s in the wrong when 26 women are claiming he was out of line, who’s gonna believe just one woman?  This is why women don’t come forward lol.

This is a situation where people accept that what looks like a duck, walks like a duck, etc., is a duck or they start with the mental gymnastics.

You don't think Buzbee is pulling these women out of the woodwork, and promising them a payday?  That is the real question for me.  Everyone is focussed on the number, and it's obvious Watson was "hoping" to get off in these massages.  There may have been some thoroughly disgusted, and there may have been some willing participants.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't the grand juries be able to see the volume of cases against Watson, and come to a conclusion to indict based on the pattern?  Or in each case, are they not privy to the information of the other cases.  I would think that if they looked at it in its totality, then they might reasonably see a reason to indict?  If they saw all of the evidence in all the cases, and still didn't indict.....then what did they see to cause them to come to that decision?

I get that people are going to continue to look at the # of women (as it continues to grow) but I think a reasonable person would be able to see that the new ones are motivated by money, and not so much "shy" about coming forward initially.

To be clear....creepy behavior isn't rape, and it's not necessarily criminal.  Unfortunately, the attorneys on both sides have had the opportunity to "coach" their clients on what to say.  I think this skews the process, and finding out what actually took place.

My personal opinion is that Watson wanted these massages to turn sexual.  On occasion he would find a willing participant.  When he didn't, he took care of himself in front of them.  Quite disgusting!  IDK how many games that should get a person suspended tbh.  I also don't know how much that should get a person paid, but that's neither here nor there.

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

To be clear....creepy behavior isn't rape, and it's not necessarily criminal.  Unfortunately, the attorneys on both sides have had the opportunity to "coach" their clients on what to say.  I think this skews the process, and finding out what actually took place.

Definitely. This is why the legal system is overall broken; better legal teams get more people out of guilty verdicts for the same circumstances. Money shouldn't buy freedom in a just legal system, but it does.

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

My personal opinion is that Watson wanted these massages to turn sexual.  On occasion he would find a willing participant.  When he didn't, he took care of himself in front of them.  Quite disgusting!  IDK how many games that should get a person suspended tbh.  I also don't know how much that should get a person paid, but that's neither here nor there.

You do know this is a crime, right? You can't just whip it out at a massage. It's no different than you whipping it out at the doctor's office or the library. They call the police for that. If Watson did that then he is criminally guilty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

You don't think Buzbee is pulling these women out of the woodwork, and promising them a payday? 

Maybe.

That is the real question for me.  Everyone is focussed on the number, and it's obvious Watson was "hoping" to get off in these massages.  There may have been some thoroughly disgusted, and there may have been some willing participants.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't the grand juries be able to see the volume of cases against Watson, and come to a conclusion to indict based on the pattern?  Or in each case, are they not privy to the information of the other cases.  I would think that if they looked at it in its totality, then they might reasonably see a reason to indict?  If they saw all of the evidence in all the cases, and still didn't indict.....then what did they see to cause them to come to that decision?

I mean, the data that shows indictment and convictions for cases like this is pretty clear.  The tl;dr is that unless there’s physical evidence or proof, good luck.

I get that people are going to continue to look at the # of women (as it continues to grow) but I think a reasonable person would be able to see that the new ones are motivated by money, and not so much "shy" about coming forward initially.

LIS, I don’t care what the motivation is if it happened. 

If he’s done what he’s accused of, that’s sexual assault.  You can’t just bust nuts on folks and wriggle your junk into people’s hands.

This doesn’t read like a dude trying to get laid.  A millionaire star QB doesn’t have to work that hard.  His kink seems to be making people uncomfortable and the power dynamics of the situation.

44 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Definitely. This is why the legal system is overall broken; better legal teams get more people out of guilty verdicts for the same circumstances. Money shouldn't buy freedom in a just legal system, but it does.

You do know this is a crime, right? You can't just whip it out at a massage. It's no different than you whipping it out at the doctor's office or the library. They call the police for that. If Watson did that then he is criminally guilty. 

@NudeTayne during massage

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ie4y9quc29r6ceqq4k

in line for the payday

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47f6hfrxfh2z8s8c2fld1

After he collects

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jblxb23hqakjtydxng

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Actually if its not in the presence of a minor then its Indecent Exposure, which is a misdemeanor....to bump the Charge up to Gross Indecency (which is a not well defined nebulous charge from OLD English law, mainly aimed at homosexual men) which is a felony, then good luck with that....especially when it comes to way that law is written.....

So in the eyes of the law....there is no difference then if I got caught taking a piss in public...

This is a money grab for more than half......I have seen proof at least 5 of the women in the lawsuit, booked or allowed appointments to be booked with Watson AFTER the dates of his alleged behavior.....Sorry, that does not make sense.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Actually if its not in the presence of a minor then its Indecent Exposure, which is a misdemeanor....to bump the Charge up to Gross Indecency (which is a not well defined nebulous charge from OLD English law, mainly aimed at homosexual men) which is a felony, then good luck with that....especially when it comes to way that law is written.....

So in the eyes of the law....there is no difference then if I got caught taking a piss in public...

This is a money grab for more than half......I have seen proof at least 5 of the women in the lawsuit, booked or allowed appointments to be booked with Watson AFTER the dates of his alleged behavior.....Sorry, that does not make sense.

No, you're mistaken. At least one allegation involves him ejaculating on her. 

From what I see under the Texas Penal Code Chapter 21 Sexual Offenses it looks to me, if the allegations were proven true, in the criminal system he could be found guilty of violating Sec. 21.07 which is Public Lewdness (which would include the ickiest charge (or discharge 😉) because it includes sexual contact.  It is a class A misdemeanor.

A lot of the other allegations appear to fall into Sec. 21.08 which is Indecent Exposure which is a class B misdemeanor.

(Obviously if violence or threats of violence etc. could be proven that's a whole other kettle of fish.)

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.21.htm

Again, unless there are new criminal charges, Watson is not going to found Guilty or Innocent.  He will be found liable for harm to the plaintiffs, (with the amount of harm to be proven at trial) or not liable.  He will face monetary sanctions or not. The vast majority of civil cases are settled and never reach the jury or judge.  I think we should expect that the majority if not all of these cases to be settled as well.  The women are having their day in court, they can expect some measure of justice, but it is the justice of the civil system which is money. It takes time.  At one point it seemed that 18 plaintiffs were willing to settle for 100k each or so, that price has clearly gone up.  However, I think that a "$50 million dollar settlement" is out of the question as well.  If that amount were the amount to settle the cases, then Watson would have no choice but to litigate each case and appeal each verdict through the courts which would take years.  A settlement by definition is not what either side wants, but is a compromise to bring the litigation to a close.

For the NFL any suspension under the personal conduct policy is PR.  Once he is suspended without a radical change in the nature of this litigation (i.e. criminal charges), it will fade into the background over time only to erupt again from time to time with explicit testimony, an actual trial or resolution of each case, and events like Watson's return to the league.

Finally, this public airing of the allegations should keep Watson from engaging in this behavior in the future, which is what we all would hope for and is one of the main goals of the criminal justice system as well, which of course he is not currently in.

Edited by mrpazzo
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

No, you're mistaken. At least one allegation involves him ejaculating on her. 

1. Allegation

2. In the post I was responding to, you did not mention that allegation. 

AND out of the 26 cases there is still only 2 allegation of sexual assault....if there was such a huge pattern, I think if it was SUCH a HUGE pattern of behavior more than %7 (round to 8%) of the alleged victims would accuse him of at least sexual assault no? But all their "stories are similar" a popular narrative in the press.....but only 7%....that math does not add up. Once again, not saying I absolve him of any wrong doing....but trying to fry a man for much more than he's guilty of, for a crash grab and the MeToo folks to grab some more headlines  is not fair.

I respect your comments Bro, not trying to start a fight 🙂

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he’s done what he’s accused of, that’s sexual assault.  You can’t just bust nuts on folks and wriggle your junk into people’s hands.

This doesn’t read like a dude trying to get laid.  A millionaire star QB doesn’t have to work that hard.  His kink seems to be making people uncomfortable and the power dynamics of the situation.

200.gif

21 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

Finally, this public airing of the allegations should keep Watson from engaging in this behavior in the future, which is what we all would hope for and is one of the main goals of the criminal justice system as well, which of course he is not currently in.

I will defend a mans right to have "Extra Attention" in the back room of a seedy massage parlor!!!!

DismalFatalBobwhite-max-1mb.gif

Massage Parlor GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

cTKhlXt.gif

Ok, just kidding....attempting to lighten the mood in here....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I will defend a mans right to have "Extra Attention" in the back room of a seedy massage parlor!!!!

Yep and no one cares about that. Unfortunately that isn't the case here. These women were "in their workplace". They shouldn't have to endure any more than be asked if they are interested, say no and it be over. Going beyond accepting no is where we run into a problem.

Your mind is made up and I'm going with the huge odds so we can probably close this case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

AND out of the 26 cases there is still only 2 allegation of sexual assault...

is that all?  Just two lol 

That’s the exact same number that Roethlisberger is accused of assaulting and we’ve spent years calling him a rapist and clowning their fans.

Like, maybe all of these women are lying.  Maybe that’s a thing.  I can’t think I of a single example of it actually happening though.. can you?  Like, ever?  There are plenty of people who have shown a pattern just like what Watson is accused of, but for the life of me I can’t think of one single example of a man being accused by multiple women (who don’t know one another) of sexual assault, etc., where it turned out it was all just a money grab.

I discussed this with a couple buds who are prosecutors.  In their experience false claims like this occur almost universally in one of two situations, and those are exceedingly rare.  Divorce (for child custody purposes) and by one women who often has a history of making multiple claims like this against multiple men. Even the scenario of just making a false accusation for financial gain rarely ever happens, and, like I mentioned before, not as a group with a plot to “take down” one man.

If my case history or facts are off, I’m all ears, but imo this isn’t a tricky situation.  It’s exactly what it looks like because what it looks like is how these things play out like every single time.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2022 at 8:16 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

is that all?  Just two lol 

That’s the exact same number that Roethlisberger is accused of assaulting and we’ve spent years calling him a rapist and clowning their fans.

Like, maybe all of these women are lying.  Maybe that’s a thing.  I can’t think I of a single example of it actually happening though.. can you?  Like, ever?  There are plenty of people who have shown a pattern just like what Watson is accused of, but for the life of me I can’t think of one single example of a man being accused by multiple women (who don’t know one another) of sexual assault, etc., where it turned out it was all just a money grab.

I discussed this with a couple buds who are prosecutors.  In their experience false claims like this occur almost universally in one of two situations, and those are exceedingly rare.  Divorce (for child custody purposes) and by one women who often has a history of making multiple claims like this against multiple men. Even the scenario of just making a false accusation for financial gain rarely ever happens, and, like I mentioned before, not as a group with a plot to “take down” one man.

If my case history or facts are off, I’m all ears, but imo this isn’t a tricky situation.  It’s exactly what it looks like because what it looks like is how these things play out like every single time.

Agreed, but it was 2 our of 2, and there was video...and he didn't have a Steelers NDA, in facilities that the Steelers rented......But I yield, I think that we both have our sides, and I respect your point of view.

a3c69c0d-3184-469c-8986-b2f9e5cf4134_tex

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Agreed, but it was 2 our of 2, and there was video...and he didn't have a Steelers NDA, in facilities that the Steelers rented......But I yield, I think that we both have our sides, and I respect your point of view.

a3c69c0d-3184-469c-8986-b2f9e5cf4134_tex

Oh bb it’s not personal.  I couldn’t be mad at you.

• Like 1