Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

11 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Hoopers last two year has Baker throwing to him!!! Pre-Baker he was legit

Not to mention he was competing with Njoku for targets. 

Moot now that he signed. Running out of te options

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I find Rodgers does best when he has multiple recieving options that he can throw to. 6 WRs I even feel is too light. Our WRs have a history of injuries, IF this was the 6 man crew we had when was the last time they played a 16(17) game season? At this stage I'm not counting on much from Cobb and Amari, I would feel more comfortable with one more slot WR

Julio - 2021 = 10 games, 2020 = 9 games, 2019 = 15 games
Olave - rookie
MVS - 2021 = 11 games
Cobb - 2021 = 12 games, 2020 = 10 games, 2019 = 15 games, 2018 = 9 games
Lazard - 2021 = 15 games, 2020 = 9 games
Amari - 2021 = 16 games with 1 start

Booby - coming off an ACL, probably not ready for start of the season

This.

Obviously he is older now Rodgers but earlier in his career, Rodgers was excellent at finding the open guy but for some reason got overly focused on locking in on Adams. Time for him to earn his money now without an uber receiver but hopefully more options.

Second round has been our sweet spot for receivers so if the stars align then I would double dip and use both 2nd rounders on a receiver.  And both of our 4th rounders on OL which has been our sweet spot for that position.

We need to stop the nonsense about him not throwing to rookies. He doesn't throw to guys who don't know what they are doing. Its a long time since we have used a decent pick on a receiver when we did then Rodgers targetted them plenty.

Can save the 1st rounders for the premium positions if we did this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hitnhope said:

On a bad team maybe.  Neither start on a SB contending team.  They are both #3's at best.

If Rodgers isn't a good enough QB to win with MVS and Allen Lazard taking huge snaps, we overpaid him by 30 million per and he's not elite.

An elite QB doesn't need elite talent at every position around him to not suck in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You guys act like there's only 5 teams in the league we can judge receivers on. 

Nope, jsut going by facts brother.

2016 rookie year - 271 yards - PFF 62.9
2017 - 526 yards - PFF 62.8
2018 - 660 yards - PFF 67.8
2019 - 787 yards - PFF 78.3
2020 - 435 yards - PFF 68.3
2021 - 345 yards - PFF 64.2

With Ryan throwing him the ball his yards where increasing year on year. Comes to Cleveland they fall off a cliff. Maybe it is the system, maybe it is the QB, maybe it is him. I think it is the former rather than the later.

20 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Nope, jsut going by facts brother.

2016 rookie year - 271 yards - PFF 62.9
2017 - 526 yards - PFF 62.8
2018 - 660 yards - PFF 67.8
2019 - 787 yards - PFF 78.3
2020 - 435 yards - PFF 68.3
2021 - 345 yards - PFF 64.2

With Ryan throwing him the ball his yards where increasing year on year. Comes to Cleveland they fall off a cliff. Maybe it is the system, maybe it is the QB, maybe it is him. I think it is the former rather than the later.

Other than having 97 targets year, what is the game changing value here?

Why is he any better than Tonyan?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Rodgers isn't a good enough QB to win with MVS and Allen Lazard taking huge snaps, we overpaid him by 30 million per and he's not elite.

Serious question: Do you actually believe Rodgers and the offense are fine and can compete against the top teams with Lazard and MVS as the top two WR options or do you at least acknowledge they they need to acquire, at minimum, one vet or rookie to be the primary target of that group?

I'm trying to determine if we're on any common ground here or whether you've moved to Mars on this issue...

Now I can't help but think about how interesting this draft would have been if Rodgers had been traded to DEN rather than Wilson.  I am 99.9% sure that Love is not ready for QB1, but this sure would have been a fun off-season with a boatload of picks and Rodgers/Adams moving on.

33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Serious question: Do you actually believe Rodgers and the offense are fine and can compete against the top teams with Lazard and MVS as the top two WR options or do you at least acknowledge they they need to acquire, at minimum, one vet or rookie to be the primary target of that group?

I'm trying to determine if we're on any common ground here or whether you've moved to Mars on this issue...

You're phrasing the question differently than I look at it.

You seem (and correct me if I'm wrong about this) to look at it as a checklist:

• WR1: Nope
  • WR2: Nope
  • WR3: Yes (Lazard/MVS/Cobb)
  • WR4: Yes (Lazard/MVS/Cobb)
  • WR5: Yes (Lazard/MVS/Cobb)
  • WR6: Rodgers

If I were looking at it your way, I would feel very comfortable with either Lazard or MVS as my #2, but that's a difference of opinion. 

But I don't really look at it like that. 

If you plug in another #2 wide receiver (either a veteran or a rookie) with a generalist's skillset, you have 3 #2 quality receivers (and dangerous pass catching weapons at TE and RB) with all different skillsets that you can use to target pretty much any coverage.

I would not be comfortable going into this season with a WR group of Lazard/MVS/Cobb/Rodgers/Taylor, without Tonyan or a better receiving target at TE, and not expect the offense to be a bit throttled by a lack of WR talent, but individual WR talent is one of the most overrated aspects of team building. The NFL is a zone league. Reading coverages from both the WR and QB spots is a hugely important skill. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If I were looking at it your way, I would feel very comfortable with either Lazard or MVS as my #2, but that's a difference of opinion. 

If you plug in another #2 wide receiver (either a veteran or a rookie) with a generalist's skillset, you have 3 #2 quality receivers (and dangerous pass catching weapons at TE and RB) with all different skillsets that you can use to target pretty much any coverage.

I would not be comfortable going into this season with a WR group of Lazard/MVS/Cobb/Rodgers/Taylor, without Tonyan or a better receiving target at TE, and not expect the offense to be a bit throttled by a lack of WR talent, but individual WR talent is one of the most overrated aspects of team building. The NFL is a zone league. Reading coverages from both the WR and QB spots is a hugely important skill. 

Fine..just get me somebody dynamic - with juice - somebody who you're hoping they'll throw to because of what he's capable of. We have that now? Not even close.

That's who I want as our #1 - then you can compliment him with Lazard / MVS / Tonyan etc to achieve a wide ranging attack that challenges on down to CB3 and covers the entire field. Also, I'm eager to see some production from the TE unit again. That unit fell off the charts after Tonyan went down. Non-existant. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Understood. I can at least empathize with that view, I get it. But yes, I look at it more from a talent hierarchy and believe this team's best 2 WRs for 2022 currently aren't on the team. We'll see how it plays out.