Cowboys ink WR James Washington

TheKillerNacho

I thought this guy showed a lot of promise as a draft prospect...but man, it was so hard to evaluate coming from an offense that had receivers run approximately two and a half different route types total.  Maybe if a team can sort of get back to having him just run go routes and deep flags, they'll get something out of him?  Seems a bit limiting though, schematically.  And he never really had the "burner" speed or the raw height and reach to win those balls so consistently as a Pro.  He does have some sort of skillset, and plays hard though.  Maybe there's still something there as a depth receiving option.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I thought this guy showed a lot of promise as a draft prospect...but man, it was so hard to evaluate coming from an offense that had receivers run approximately two and a half different route types total.  Maybe if a team can sort of get back to having him just run go routes and deep flags, they'll get something out of him?  Seems a bit limiting though, schematically.  And he never really had the "burner" speed or the raw height and reach to win those balls so consistently as a Pro.  He does have some sort of skillset, and plays hard though.  Maybe there's still something there as a depth receiving option.

Yea I was a fan of his coming out of Ok State as well.   I thought he was going to be something special especially after Steelers drafted him as they are pretty known for WR development.   It just never worked out for whatever reason.

• Like 1