Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

Just now, MWil23 said:

Mike, I didn't want DeShaun for infinitely more important reasons than football. However, from a purely football only standpoint, Watson is infinitely better than Baker Mayfield.

So yes.

Just talking football 

I think he's being slightly underrated, he's not a bottom dwelling QB. I think he can be in that 10-15 QB range with the likes of Carr, Cousins, Tannehill.

Question is, does anyone really want that these days? Especially when you have to pay him $35 million a year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

So yes.

Just talking football 

Baker has 60 career starts and 29 career wins. That's good for about 7 wins a season. So, by definition, 10 would be a significant upgrade over that.

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Who??  Stevie Wonder??

Yeah, Baker Mayfield can whip it - that ball explodes from his hand, dude has a cannon.

He has absolutely no control over it, and doesn’t make good decisions on where he’s going - but he throws that ball as tight and explosive as anyone else.

2 hours ago, JonMcC2018 said:

I think he's being slightly underrated, he's not a bottom dwelling QB. I think he can be in that 10-15 QB range with the likes of Carr, Cousins, Tannehill.

Question is, does anyone really want that these days? Especially when you have to pay him $35 million a year.

Excellent post my biggest worry about Deshaun. 

Is one he has a horrible playoffs rating.

Furthermore even if Cleveland signs Clowney this team will surrender 200 yards a game in the run game.

The schedule we have this year is horrible. 

We can go 10 wins finish second and are 2nd in are division playing Patrick Mahomes with Williams and

Christin Watson and Schuster. 

That makes us 1 and done in the playoffs. 

The fact of the Matter is if we do not win are division and we have to go on the road against any division winner what have we accomplished. .

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, Baker Mayfield can whip it - that ball explodes from his hand, dude has a cannon.

He has absolutely no control over it, and doesn’t make good decisions on where he’s going - but he throws that ball as tight and explosive as anyone else.

Not sure Mayfield holds the record for 22 straight completions that is very representative of his accuracy.

27 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Not sure Mayfield holds the record for 22 straight completions that is very representative of his accuracy.

One game isn’t telling of anything. A career completion percentage barely over 60% tells us a different story.

Which is more telling - one single game, or a four year sample size?

(Hint - it’s never one game).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Has deshaun done that?

How about Deshaun accuracy in the playoffs 

Kinda very funny how Mayfield detractors do not bring that up.

Just now, ET80 said:

One game isn’t telling of anything. A career completion percentage barely over 60% tells us a different story.

(FTR - Watson is at 67.8% completion percentage over a four year career).

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

(FTR - Watson is at 67.8% completion percentage over a four year career).

Yes we are all aware what Deshaun did with a 4 win team.

70 percent completion with no wins

Playoff wise the real season he is the highest payed with a 333 winning percentage. 

That is over his entire career.

Thank you for post. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Ok prediction deshaun never puts 48 on Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Never breaks Mayfields 22 completion in a row.

The point on the discussion is that Deshaun is a 10 to 15 level qb.

He is not elite

He can not pick a team up and lift to the playoffs.

Point 3 he will not carry the Browns to 13 wins this year.

Deshaun will not beat Brady this year even though he is getting payed much more.

Let's agree to disagree and let's revisit later.

59 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok prediction deshaun never puts 48 on Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Never breaks Mayfields 22 completion in a row.

I’m not arguing this, nor does this really tell us anything. I sincerely dislike Deshaun, so I hope this is the case.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

He can not pick a team up and lift to the playoffs.

Are you aware of what those Texans teams were like before he got there? They were fledgling 8-8/9-7 teams before him, then they flipped to 10+ wins a season. Texans weren’t winning because of Bill O’Brien, and JJ Watt was getting hurt yearly.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Let's agree to disagree and let's revisit later.

I don’t really understand what you’re arguing - you mention all these things, but you put very specific parameters to it. Last I checked, Cleveland NEVER won 13 games or beat Tom Brady - that trend might continue, but Watson gives them their best shot to do those things since Bernie Kosar.

As someone who follows the Texans, I WANT Watson to fail - miserably at that. He turned his back on Houston, he’s dead to me. I want 2-15/3-14 seasons for him - all that means are better picks for Houston come draft time.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Yes we are all aware what Deshaun did with a 4 win team

Do you remember what he did for that 11-5 team the year before? Or how about that 10-6 team the year before that? Because you have a habit of looking at one single variable and thinking it tells you the whole story.

Bluntly speaking: Deshaun Watson’s worst season is better than Baker Mayfield’s best season. 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Playoff wise the real season he is the highest payed with a 333 winning percentage. 

No objection here, that contract was objectively stupid. 

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Do you remember what he did for that 11-5 team the year before? Or how about that 10-6 team the year before that? Because you have a habit of looking at one single variable and thinking it tells you the whole story.

Bluntly speaking: Deshaun Watson’s worst season is better than Baker Mayfield’s best season. 

No objection here, that contract was objectively stupid. 

No I did not see him beat 1 playoff level team how many teams in there division made the playoffs after luck

Retired.