Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

To hang your hat on a qb that is below average in the playoffs. 

Stafford was below average in the playoffs with the Lions as well but the Rams recognized that if they added a player with his skill-set it could open up their offense and potentially get them over the hump. They didn't harp on the fact that Goff had an MVP caliber season on a Super Bowl team a couple of years earlier, they recognized that he just wasn't going to get it done.

The Browns recognized the same thing with Baker, lol. Watson's situation in Houston wasn't great, their OL was terrible, their run game wasn't very good, coaching staff was a mess, and they traded away his best WR.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Watson's situation in Houston wasn't great, their OL was terrible, their run game wasn't very good, coaching staff was a mess, and they traded away his best WR.

Don't forget they had the most unqualified GM in sports giving out no trade clauses and FRPs... for nothing whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, Soggust said:

??

Deshaun put up 5,267 yards in 2020 (4823/444 pass/rush)

Staffords best year ('11) he put up 5,116 (5038/78).

Oh yes remember Stafford wins super bowl

And deshaun is 1 win 2 losses in the playoffs

In the Games Deshaun has played Mahomes did you really think deshaun watson better

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Watson's situation in Houston wasn't great, their OL was terrible, their run game wasn't very good, coaching staff was a mess, and they traded away his best WR.

Ok - gonna preface this by saying that I'm in no way defending the Texans. Not even in the slightest.

I think a good portion of the OL issues in Houston were BECAUSE of Deshaun Watson. Watson has a fatal flaw - he holds onto the ball for way too long, he doesn't take a check down and will take 3-4 seconds longer than he should to get rid of it.

Part of it is because he's so good at creating off script, but that doesn't always lead to a successful play - it leads to a lot of sacks, a lot of unnecessary contact. It'll occasionally lead to a WOW play, but there's bad to it as well.

I'm not saying the Texans OL is good - it's not - but in those Watson days, he deserved some of the blame.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Stafford was below average in the playoffs with the Lions as well but the Rams recognized that if they added a player with his skill-set it could open up their offense and potentially get them over the hump. They didn't harp on the fact that Goff had an MVP caliber season on a Super Bowl team a couple of years earlier, they recognized that he just wasn't going to get it done.

The Browns recognized the same thing with Baker, lol. Watson's situation in Houston wasn't great, their OL was terrible, their run game wasn't very good, coaching staff was a mess, and they traded away his best WR.

Excellent post.

Just a question  if Mayfield goes to New Orleans and plays Deshaun head to head who wins the game .?

10 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Oh yes remember Stafford wins super bowl

And deshaun is 1 win 2 losses in the playoffs

In the Games Deshaun has played Mahomes did you really think deshaun watson better

Stafford 0-1 vs Mahomes
Watson 1-2 vs Mahomes

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok - gonna preface this by saying that I'm in no way defending the Texans. Not even in the slightest.

I think a good portion of the OL issues in Houston were BECAUSE of Deshaun Watson. Watson has a fatal flaw - he holds onto the ball for way too long, he doesn't take a check down and will take 3-4 seconds longer than he should to get rid of it.

Part of it is because he's so good at creating off script, but that doesn't always lead to a successful play - it leads to a lot of sacks, a lot of unnecessary contact. It'll occasionally lead to a WOW play, but there's bad to it as well.

I'm not saying the Texans OL is good - it's not - but in those Watson days, he deserved some of the blame.

Excellent post maybe your best yet.Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Birthday Bot

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Stafford 0-1 vs Mahomes
Watson 1-2 vs Mahomes

Nice dodge

Mayfield 0 wins 2 losses against mahomes. Mahomes  is clearly better than Deshaun's .

At least in the games I gave seen.

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid

Just now, mtmmike said:

Nice dodge

Mayfield 0 wins 2 losses against Mahomes  is clearly better than Deshaun's .

At least in the games I gave seen.

haha tyty

So if we say Mayfields 0-2 vs Mahomes > Watson's 1-2......are we saying wins are not a QB stat?

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Unlikely, he probably ends up in Seattle on draft night or if the Browns ultimately decide to cut him. 

I don't think Seattle wants him. There's no indication anyone wants him. Browns won't cut him because it saves them no money and they need somebody to start if/when Watson is suspended.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Was listening to Will Brinson, who quoted Josh Norris, who said that maybe there isn't as much "mutual disinterest" between Baker and the Panthers as previously reported

Oh, did Baker finally realize how limited his options were, so the disinterest is purely on Carolina's side now

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

haha tyty

So if we say Mayfields 0-2 vs Mahomes > Watson's 1-2......are we saying wins are not a QB stat?

I am not saying Mayfield is better than mahomes.

That is a dodge but are you saying Deshaun beats Mahomes sense Cleveland  cleary has the better team?

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think Seattle wants him. There's no indication anyone wants him. Browns won't cut him because it saves them no money and they need somebody to start if/when Watson is suspended.

I can't imagine that it'd be great for the locker room or team chemistry to have Baker in training camp, etc.