Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference you need to remember Mike is that Baker underperformed with arguably one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. 3 All Pro/Pro Bowl offensive linemen, the best rushing attack in the NFL along with guys like OBJ/Landry. In 2 years the best he ever looked was 'good' not great.

Watson has played with scrubs comparatively and a lot of times was carrying a terrible group of offensive players. The best RB he has ever had was Lamar Miller (lol) along with a OL group that was among the worst in the NFL for years. The only threat he ever had was Hopkins and 1 season of Cooks.

So this isnt really a apples to apples comparison.

Baker underachieved with a top 5 offensive roster around him and Watson overachieved with a bottom 5 offense around him. You can look at raw numbers all you want, but the situations are not equal between the two.

Simple Mayfield was on a team that won 12 games

Prediction Berry's 3rd year he will not win 13 games.

That is everything in a Nutshell

To paraphrase a hof head coach 

Winning is not everything it is the only thing

Al Davis just win baby.

Now are you saying right now the the Deshaun Browns win 13 games

This is why I am frustrated 

By good morning 

Just remember I wanted to sign Cousins then trade the first overall pick for 3 number 1s

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok, let's reset here.

1. Despite the last few pages, I genuinely like you. I got out of pocket with some of the stuff I said, and that's my bad. If there's ever an opportunity, I'll buy you a beer and we can settle that over a pint. My bad, genuinely sorry.

2. I don't disagree with you on Mayfield + cap space + 3 FRPs > Watson. We're not arguing that, sir; I agree the Browns overreacted on this one. As someone who follows the Texans, it was too much squeeze for the juice that Watson brings.

3. My argument is that Wins are not a QB stat - doesn't matter the QB, wins are a team stat. Teams win football games, because football is a team sport.

In your own words - why should wins be attributed to QBs? If the Browns go 13-4 and Myles Garrett is DPOY with 25 sacks and Watson throws for 3500 yards and 18 TDs with 10 INTs, is it fair to say Watson won 13 games?

No worries 

Had many a good challenges

Welcome to the top 5 debate of all time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

No worries 

Had many a good challenges

Welcome to the top 5 debate of all time.

Excellent point

My point Mayfield put 48 on Pittsburgh 

My biggest problem with the Browns is that

What members of that team have we signed long term

Myles

Teller.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference you need to remember Mike is that Baker underperformed with arguably one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. 3 All Pro/Pro Bowl offensive linemen, the best rushing attack in the NFL along with guys like OBJ/Landry. In 2 years the best he ever looked was 'good' not great.

Watson has played with scrubs comparatively and a lot of times was carrying a terrible group of offensive players. The best RB he has ever had was Lamar Miller (lol) along with a OL group that was among the worst in the NFL for years. The only threat he ever had was Hopkins and 1 season of Cooks.

So this isnt really a apples to apples comparison.

Baker underachieved with a top 5 offensive roster around him and Watson overachieved with a bottom 5 offense around him. You can look at raw numbers all you want, but the situations are not equal between the two.

Excellent 

He played in the easiest conference 

Point 2 who was on indy line when he lost by 14

Kc line while good is not close to Pittsburgh or not close to a Ravens line that can draft

Ojabo,or Jordan Davis

3rd point this counteracts what you say

He went to a team that was already playoff ready and the team has gone Backward under his watch.

4th point I believe he has had a wr core his entire time of 

Duke Johnson

Fuller

Cooks

Plus Johnson for multiple years while playing in a much easier conference 

• Like 1

If Watson is signed before or after suspension, does the base salary for games he misses count against this year’s cap hit? Does, 6 game suspension per day, deduct from Browns 2022 salary cap?

Edited by WheatieMan

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

If Watson is signed before or after suspension, does the base salary for games he misses count against this year’s cap hit? Does, 6 game suspension per day, deduct from Browns 2022 salary cap?

IIRC the way that his deal is structured, his base salary in year 1 is just $1M so he doesn't lose out on much if he is suspended.