Lions will host 2024 NFL draft

Louis Friend

Lions will host 2024 NFL Draft

It was officially announced that Detroit will host the 2024 draft, beating out Green Bay and Washington, who were also in the running. 

The Lions organization has worked diligently to secure the NFL draft in Detroit.

Principal owner Sheila Ford Hamp serves on the NFL's Super Bowl and Major Events advisory committee, which makes decisions where the draft will be held every year. 

detroit-hero.jpg

Edited by Louis Friend

Just now, Louis Friend said:

First Hard Knocks, now the draft. Lions are on an upswing. 

I think Matt Derry (pretty sure that's his name) from Locked on Lions was saying that in order for the Lions to get the draft they would likely have to sweeten the pot. One of those ways is by volunteering for Hard Knocks. So this is likely what happened.. and I'm ok with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I think Matt Derry (pretty sure that's his name) from Locked on Lions was saying that in order for the Lions to get the draft they would likely have to sweeten the pot. One of those ways is by volunteering for Hard Knocks. So this is likely what happened.. and I'm ok with it. 

If that's the case the Lions fleeced them seeing as how the Lions were one of the few teams that could be forced to be on Hard Knocks. 

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

If that's the case the Lions fleeced them seeing as how the Lions were one of the few teams that could be forced to be on Hard Knocks. 

The Lions were already in the running. If they played along and just said "yeah, we'll take Hard Knocks too", I'm sure it helped to some extent. It also would build (ideally) positive buzz towards a future draft in Detroit. 

The draft is great news.

Im waffling on this years draft. The hotel we stay at in Vegas has a suite and have offered us tickets to any event we want to see. 

Im leaning towards not going because of Covid wave 6. I’m confident I can protect myself but I’m afraid of rules that may be put in place either stranding me in Vegas or blocking us from attending.

• Like 1

This is obviously WAY in advance but I am considering the 10 hour trek and bringing the family for the draft. I think it would be a fun time for the FFDL crew to get together and have a couple brews. The last time I went to a game, Adrian Peterson was still on the Vikings (it has been a couple)....