Which ILM would you take? Urlacher or Patrick Willis

mdonnelly21

Better LB   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Better LB

• Brian Urlacher
    • Patrick Willis

Willis was much more dominant. He matched Urlacher's accolades in half the time. If Willis stayed healthy, he could've become the best ILB of all-time. Urlacher was pretty concretely the number 2 guy behind Ray, when Willis was at his peak, him and Lewis were 1A and 1B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

P willie was the best MLB I ever saw play! That includes Ray from 2003+ 

P willie was special! Then I saw Bowman and was more impressed 😂 

this is Pwillie for me.. 

It's pretty wild how Bowman came right after. His prime was very short though. 

So you think Bowman was a better ILM than Willis? And what makes you feel this? 

33 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

It's pretty wild how Bowman came right after. His prime was very short though. 

So you think Bowman was a better ILM than Willis? And what makes you feel this? 

Every time I saw him he flashed. He made big plays and hit harder, flew faster and just was a dog. Big credit goes to to that Niners Dline! But prime Bowman was just as good as Willis if not better. That was a scary duo that caused issues.. Not sure what it was. I can’t tell you but Bowman was a heat seeking missile. Probably played more off-script than Willis but man was he lethal.. At least from what I saw. 

At the end of the day from production Willis is king. But makes you wonder what Bowman could have done outside SF. Niners where mad trash Pwillies first few years, they were on the field a lot. Not to take anything away from that special man! Just love me some Bowman. 

59 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Every time I saw him he flashed. He made big plays and hit harder, flew faster and just was a dog. Big credit goes to to that Niners Dline! But prime Bowman was just as good as Willis if not better. That was a scary duo that caused issues.. Not sure what it was. I can’t tell you but Bowman was a heat seeking missile. Probably played more off-script than Willis but man was he lethal.. At least from what I saw. 

At the end of the day from production Willis is king. But makes you wonder what Bowman could have done outside SF. Niners where mad trash Pwillies first few years, they were on the field a lot. Not to take anything away from that special man! Just love me some Bowman. 

Bowman was nowhere near the athlete that Willis was.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He was a force, yes, but athletically he doesn't compare to Willis. Not even in the same atmosphere.

Funny thing is after a while Willis came off the field in certain dime package situations because Bowman was showcasing better coverage ability per the coaches I guess. Doesn't matter. Both were great. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe