Which Head Coach do you think is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

I think it's McDaniels even without homerism. The Raiders made the with a historical amount of off the field drama, a interim HC, and with some big time players going down.  They went 10-7 and offed the Chargers in the final game in epic fashion.  

To me, anything less than 10-7 with a playoff birth is unacceptable.  An argument for keeping Bisaccia could be made.  

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't they just give him a sizable extension as well? I don't think he'll be under much pressure this year but if Brady/Leftwich are gone in the next year or two...

Not sure about any extension, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I don't see Bowles lasting long post-Brady/Leftwich. He just never really impressed me as a HC. 

I'm genuinely more surprised that, with Jacksonville going in on Doug P, Tampa didn't take the opportunity to elevate Leftwich. I get that they probably want him to focus on O, and likely also wanted to hurry up and elevate Foote into the co-DC role to try and lock him in. But Leftwich is gonna be a HC in no time. I would've probably moved to lock him in ASAP. 

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We added amari cooper. I think that was a pretty aggressive move. But I don’t think we’re down. Landry might be back. 

Amari Cooper was a solid addition but the rest of your receiving core leaves a lot to be desired. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not sure about any extension, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I don't see Bowles lasting long post-Brady/Leftwich. He just never really impressed me as a HC. 

I'm genuinely more surprised that, with Jacksonville going in on Doug P, Tampa didn't take the opportunity to elevate Leftwich. I get that they probably want him to focus on O, and likely also wanted to hurry up and elevate Foote into the co-DC role to try and lock him in. But Leftwich is gonna be a HC in no time. I would've probably moved to lock him in ASAP. 

I think that it's actually a bad sign for Leftwich that he didn't receive the promotion. Tampa knows that he is likely getting a job somewhere soon, did they not believe in him enough to let him take the reigns before another team swoops in?

22 hours ago, Totty said:

I think it's McDaniels even without homerism. The Raiders made the with a historical amount of off the field drama, a interim HC, and with some big time players going down.  They went 10-7 and offed the Chargers in the final game in epic fashion.  

To me, anything less than 10-7 with a playoff birth is unacceptable.  An argument for keeping Bisaccia could be made.  

The team also had favorable circumstances in a lot of the games down the stretch though, context is important. If we had kept Mayock/Rich there's absolutely zero chance that Adams is currently a Raider. 

I could see tons of heat on Todd Bowles. He's got no benefit of a doubt based on his past gig. Everybody expects Brady to win big. But age could hit at any point and when it does it won't be gentle. Also the Buccaneers are in a poor situational spot one year removed from the title. It hasn't been as bad lately, largely due to Brady/Belichick, but historically the dethroned champion is in sleepwalking mode. I've mentioned many times that only 3 coaches in NFL history have ever regained the title in that scenario. So essentially Todd Bowles inherits low odds on winning the title but reality is considerably worse than the subjective impression.

Tom Brady has always overcome poor situational spots by the sheer fact that he finds ways to score 27+, no matter the opponent or what is going on for the bulk of the game. That aspect may save Bowles also.

Also the 49ers are taking a huge risk by benching a quarterback with a career 8.4 YPA. No matter how shaky Garoppolo can look on occasion, the 8.4 bottom line dictates field position and wins games. Shanahan was very close to missing the playoffs last season but fans will forget about that and remember simply NFC Championship Game appearance and expect something similar. If Trey Lance performs normally for a first year starter with something like 7.2 YPA or lower the 49ers won't be close to current fan and media perception.

1 minute ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Also the 49ers are taking a huge risk by benching a quarterback with a career 8.4 YPA. No matter how shaky Garoppolo can look on occasion, the 8.4 bottom line dictates field position and wins games. Shanahan was very close to missing the playoffs last season but fans will forget about that and remember simply NFC Championship Game appearance and expect something similar. If Trey Lance performs normally for a first year starter with something like 7.2 YPA or lower the 49ers won't be close to current fan and media perception.

The 49ers got off to a shaky start but finished 7-2 down the stretch and then beat the Cowboys in Dallas, Packers in GB, and were a couple of plays away from beating the Rams for the third time to make the Super Bowl. There's also no guarantee that they're going to bench Jimmy for Trey which is one of the reasons I think that they haven't traded him. Even if Trey's YPA is lower than Jimmy's his ability to run and stretch the field with his arm makes a huge difference for what they're able to do offensively. 

On 4/11/2022 at 5:16 AM, NYRaider said:

Amari Cooper was a solid addition but the rest of your receiving core leaves a lot to be desired. 

How about the worst in the league

Right now we would start Dpj plus Cooper that is only 1400 yards.