Who was a better RB: LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith

mdonnelly21

Who was a better RB during LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who was a better RB: LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith

• LaDainian Tomlinson
    • Emmitt Smith

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This website believes we had an all time OL for all of Emmitts career, its the most stupid thing ever. The great wall of Dallas was short lived. Its why Troy Aikman had to retire so damn early, our OL was completely mediocre to terrible for most of his career. 

Emmitt is the best workhorse the NFL has ever seen. 

LDT beats him in receptions/throwing TDs. More fun to watch for most. But he wasnt better. 

How? Faster, bigger, explosive and better hands? What did Emmit have? Better vision? LT set records. In a modern NFL where the athletes are 10x superior.  

LT had 10 less rushing TDs despite playing in 49 less games… Emmit also had 27 more fumbles…. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

How? Faster, bigger, explosive and better hands? What did Emmit have? Better vision? LT set records. In a modern NFL where the athletes are 10x superior.  

Emmitt retired in 2004. LT was drafted in 2001. WTF are you talking about. 

Emmitt was better in the playoffs, a lot more durable, tougher in whole, and had comparable peak years (plural, LDT had the single best), though Emmitt stayed better for longer. LDT washed up way earlier. 

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

LT had 10 less rushing TDs despite playing in 49 less games… Emmit also had 27 more fumbles…. 

Emmitt had 27 more fumbles on *1300* more carries. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Emmitt retired in 2004. LT was drafted in 2001. WTF are you talking about. 

Emmitt was better in the playoffs, a lot more durable, tougher in whole, and had comparable peak years (plural, LDT had the single best), though Emmitt stayed better for longer. LDT washed up way earlier. 

Emmitt had 27 more fumbles on *1300* more carries. 

Yeah playoffs. I’ll give you that LT did fall short of the marker. But historically all great RBs don’t perform as well. How I see things is remove Emmit and insert LT, do the Cowboys miss a beat? I doubt. You upgrade in everything. A better specimen, a faster runner, better catcher.. How? Like I doubt you could tell me with a straight face if you remove Emmit and insert LT y’all don’t win the super bowls. 

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah playoffs. I’ll give you that LT did fall short of the marker. But historically all great RBs don’t perform as well. How I see things is remove Emmit and insert LT, do the Cowboys miss a beat? I doubt. You upgrade in everything. A better specimen, a faster runner, better catcher.. How? Like I doubt you could tell me with a straight face if you remove Emmit and insert LT y’all don’t win the super bowls. 

And less superbowls. 

Congrats, you just traded Brady for Manning. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Ramster said:

You’re insane if you think Emmit is anywhere near Brady. Dude is closer to Trent Dilfer than Brady. 

Get outta here with that BS. 

You dont get how analogies work, do you? The point was one won superbowls, one put up great regular season stats. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You dont get how analogies work, do you? The point was one won superbowls, one put up great regular season stats. 

Manning is arguably the greatest QB ever. He is the system. He’s everything… He could have thrived in any system. We don’t know that about Brady.. Of course Brady is the goat, but Manning is right there.

There so many great RBs over Emmit it’s not even funny.. Right place and right time I suppose. Barry Sanders would have broken records with those teams!

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Barry Sanders would have broken records with those teams!

Because Barry didnt have a couple probowler/all pros on his OL and an 1800 yard receiver? 

You will do anything to dismiss Cowboys players. I have no clue why I even talk to you. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because Barry didnt have a couple probowler/all pros on his OL and an 1800 yard receiver? 

You will do anything to dismiss Cowboys players. I have no clue why I even talk to you. 

I mean I kinda can. 25+ years seems like so long ago.. 4 Super Bowls since. Feels good man. Feels good.. We ain’t dem boys. Idk just blows my mind how you’ll take Emmit over a superior player because your argument is rings… There isn’t anything in Emmits Arsenal that’s superior to LT. LT has him beat in everything besides heart I guess. Just a superior specimen.. It’s not even close. 

Edited by El Ramster

17 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I mean I kinda can. 25+ years seems like so long ago.. 4 Super Bowls since. Feels good man. Feels good.. We ain’t dem boys. Idk just blows my mind how you’ll take Emmit over a superior player because your argument is rings… There isn’t anything in Emmits Arsenal that’s superior to LT. LT has him beat in everything besides heart I guess. Just a superior specimen.. It’s not even close. 

Where we talking about the Rams? Was LDT a known Charger or a Ram? 

You are silly AF

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Damm all that to just right down to it! You should have started with Dak sucks if that’s where this was headed. Sheeesh. Answer me!

No, because you are incapable about being objective. You are a straight Cowboys hater and will always pick against them. Its stupid. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No, because you are incapable about being objective. You are a straight Cowboys hater and will always pick against them. Its stupid. 

Ohhhh. No. You have great WRs and Defensive players.. RBs? No way in hell. I look at emmit like dog ish. There’s so many more great RBs than Emmit. So many more.

Dickerson 

Faulk 

Walter P

Adrian P

LT

Sanders

OJ 

Campbell 

Marcus Allen 

Tony Dorset 

then you have guys like 

Steven Jackson 

Edgerrin James 

Cj2k

Fred Taylor 

Terrel Davis 

Thurman Thomas 

I look at Emmit like my

god how lucky was he… How lucky.. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

Ohhhh. No. You have great WRs and Defensive players.. RBs? No way in hell. I look at emmit like dog ish. There’s so many more great RBs than Emmit. So many more.

Dickerson 

Faulk 

Walter P

Adrian P

LT

Sanders

OJ 

Campbell 

Marcus Allen 

Tony Dorset 

then you have guys like 

Steven Jackson