Who was a better RB: LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith

mdonnelly21

Who was a better RB during LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who was a better RB: LaDainian Tomlinson or Emmitt Smith

• LaDainian Tomlinson
    • Emmitt Smith

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Great response. I called your judgement of RBs pathetic and you confirmed it. 

I’ll treat your rebuttal the same way.. At the end of the day you’ll die believing Emmit is a top 3-5 RB. I’ll just be here chilling.

VERY surprised to see LT with such a big lead, but I agree. Emmitt was astounding, but definitely benefitted from a ridiculous O-Line. LT is possibly the most well-rounded RB of all-time IMO. Shifty like a 190 lbs guy, could bruise like 230+, 2nd to only Marshall Faulk as a receiving back, and had super vision. Very, very pleasurable to watch as well.

• Like 1

Quick question, did LaDainian play with any Hall of Fame OL?

Lorenzo Neal was a legit FB but not sure the played with this all time great OL.  Sure Dallas was not always great but Larry Allen was clearly one of the best guards of all time.  Erik Williams, Nate Newton and Tuinei were pretty damn good as well and Stepnoski was a All Pro/Pro Bowler those great years so was Erik Williams and Newton, hell so was Tuinei.  Not to mention playing with a Hall of Fame WR and QB as well.  LaDainian not sure he ever played with a really great WR and Phillip Rivers is not Troy Aikman.  

Saw a Charger game recently and they had Marcus McNeil on that OL but nothing else really great, Damien McIntosh was good but not great and Toniu Fonoti was amazing as a prospect but never great in the NFL as a OG.  What Nick Hardwick was arguably one of the best OL LaDainian played with and he only made one Pro bowl?  Yeah Emmitt had a WAY better supporting cast in every way.  

Tomlinson won MVP as a RB and actually deserved it…

Also, I was looking at playoff games logs from LT’s career….  Does anyone remember a 2004 wild card OT thriller between Drew Brees and Chad Pennington?  I didn’t.  

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This website believes we had an all time OL for all of Emmitts career, its the most stupid thing ever. The great wall of Dallas was short lived. Its why Troy Aikman had to retire so damn early, our OL was completely mediocre to terrible for most of his career. 

Emmitt is the best workhorse the NFL has ever seen. 

LDT beats him in receptions/throwing TDs. More fun to watch for most. But he wasnt better. 

Plus, as I mentioned earlier, Dallas did not start winning until Emmitt ended his holdout and started playing. That offense was completely built around him.

Plus why are we acting like LT didn't have a great offensive line? McNeil, Hardwick, Dielman were all Pro Bowlers and Dielamn picked up a couple of All-Pro honors.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1