Ravens resign DE Calais Campell and LB Josh Bynes

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup, I’m confused too. 😂

JK Dobbins just averaged 6 yds/carry as a rookie in 2020 when last healthy.

Gus Edwards as a #2 RB has always rushed for at least 700 yds/season and was just signed to an extension.

Not to mention we still have some depth options on the table in Justice Hill and Ty’Son Williams, plus mutual interest between Melvin Gordon and the Ravens. Without Gordon, it’s a top 10 unit, with Gordon and it’s a top 3 unit.

and also the whole "Lamar RB" thing. Like, if any team has a surplus of RB's it's us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

He’s prob banking on the ravens not being the most injured team of the past 20 years yet again this year 

Banking on your RB not finishing the season. Since he’s your only good RB but he’s not a RB. Yet people get mad when they call him a RB. Wear and tear baby boy. 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:37 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Yup, I’m confused too. 😂

JK Dobbins just averaged 6 yds/carry as a rookie in 2020 when last healthy.

Gus Edwards as a #2 RB has always rushed for at least 700 yds/season and was just signed to an extension.

Not to mention we still have some depth options on the table in Justice Hill and Ty’Son Williams, plus mutual interest between Melvin Gordon and the Ravens. Without Gordon, it’s a top 10 unit, with Gordon and it’s a top 3 unit.

More like, with your OL you're a top 5 running unit, and can make players like Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Gordon look really good. Every time I've seen Baltimore over the last 2 or 3 seasons, your big guys punch holes the size of the Patapsco Basin

Edited by BigTrav

4 hours ago, BigTrav said:

More like, with your OL you're a top 5 running unit, and can make players like Edwards, Dobbins, Hill, Gordon look really good. Every time I've seen Baltimore over the last 2 or 3 seasons, your big guys punch holes the size of the Patapsco Basin

Isn't, um... isn't this more impressive? The ability to open holes for any RB?

I'll take a top 5 rushing attack without a top 5 RB stable every single time. If I'm producing, I don't care who is producing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Banking on your RB not finishing the season. Since he’s your only good RB but he’s not a RB. Yet people get mad when they call him a RB. Wear and tear baby boy. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326581 

No good RBs but outrushed rams weak azz running game by 100 yards in a game you won by 1 in the last min against our 4th stringers 💀

Rams are lucky they play in the trash NFC or else they'd be getting 45-6'd every 2 years they'd play a remotely healthy Ravens team like in 2019 😭

Edited by Ray Reed

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326581 

No good RBs but outrushed rams weak azz running game by 100 yards in a game you won by 1 in the last min against our 4th stringers 💀

Rams are lucky they play in the trash NFC or else they'd be getting 45-6'd every 2 years they'd play a remotely healthy Ravens team like in 2019 😭

Lol lol lol. How many tears you shed? Was that the year you lost to a 9-7 Titans team? Das crazy. 

20 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Which OL are you referring to?

Bradley Bozeman- who got little attention in FA and had to settle for a 1 year prove it deal?
Alejandro Villanueva- the guy that Steelers fans said was toast and had been embarrassed multiple times last season and thus decided to retire?
DJ Fluker- Perhaps you’re referring to DJ Fluker who was a career journeyman?

Now this isn’t to pile on those guys, who made valiant contributions up to the max of their ability, but they were all at best average OL players that were amped up by the blocking scheme and motion offense, yet when tasked with winning 1v1, they typically seemed to fail and disappoint. Now in 2019, when Yanda had yet to retire and Stanley was an AP and Brown Jr was a PB, yes that OL was top 5. But outside of that, it has been far from that.

What’s more, prior to Lamar taking over that same OL that you called run blocking savants were blocking for RBs that were averaging something like 3 YPC, yet Lamar takes over and Gus is inserted into the backfield and with that same OL Gus was getting 5 yards a pop. I don’t care how good the OL, a RB doesn’t just magically average 6 YPC on 800+ rush yds without having legit ability.

Lastly the best RBs in the league typically are averaging between 2.5-3 yards after contact, which shows what they’re able to produce after the yards their line has created for them; JK Dobbins was in that elite 2.9 and Gus averaged a 2.7 yards after contact. So even considering the scheme benefits to the run game, no way are our RBs bottom 5 in the league with yards after contact numbers like those above. Such a claim is baseless at best and trolling at worst.

• Like 1